Elite American Runners Word Scramble
This word scramble was provided courtesy of John-Hans Melcher
Here are the clues for the runners' last names:
- Beantown favorite
- If he broke 13 minutes why can't you?
- Kicked himself right into Olympic History
- When this guy adds, 2 + 4 = 62.5
- 1+2=Yeeeeow can she fly, and jump, too!
- The first Quad Man...it took 48 years for another Quad Man.
- Milrose Mile Mamma....even as a master!
- She can blaze a sub-60 for the last lap of a 1.5; that's gotta put her on my wall.
- USA's fastest ever Political Miler
- Lead for a while then got beat by 3. Don't that beat all?!
- He won this World Championship twice in a row....then nada for USA from then on.
- In the early 60's he beat those guys in front of 80,000 screaming fans... no little feat here!
- You Sir are the greatest _________ in the world. A royal quote indeed!
- He still holds the US record...all 5,280 feet of it.
- Why is the crowd so quiet? Here I am! It's me. I'm first!!
- USA's invincible long distance runner in 1981-1982....
- Thrilled us all at that 1972 Mile Dual Spectacular...and dipped under in HS too.
- The best kept secret USA golden boy in Japan.
- When she decided to go....she left the pack and went right into the history books.
- She consistently kicks butt in the mud; turned in a pretty good 26 in '99, too.
- An innocent man butcherd by the courts....but he had the record for 10 years!
- I got the 1 but may never get the 2....yet It's my turn to blaze!!!!!
- I jumped once, twice, thrice, and quatro! And I always came up gold!!!
- Hey...what about me? Ain't 5k bronze good too?