Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Nike+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slipknot
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Nike+ Reply with quote

I bought the whole Nike+ system over a week ago, and I gotta say its really kick ass. I was wondering if anyone else has it setup, and if they do, would they like to set up some challenges and what not online.

If you run and dont have Nike+ I highly recommend getting it, the whole things amazeing. (I'll give a quick rundown of what it cost me)

Nike+ Air Max 180's - $60.00 (I got a great deal on these, since I was a preferred customer at Finish Line, and I worked the saleswomen for her store discount) Normally they are $110.00.

Ipod Nano 2GB - $150.00

Nike+ Sports Kit - $29.99 (required wireless sensors for Ipod and to be put in shoe)

Nike+ Armband - $29.99 (holds the Ipod while running)
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in that subset of people that can't see the appeal. I never listen to music while running and hate having extra stuff along for the ride.

Dan
Slipknot
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a bummer dan. The major annoying thing to me is that the ear buds loosen while running and tend to fall out sometimes, and since Iam jamming along to the music, I tend not to hear cars comeing behind me, and that gives me a scare sometimes. Other than that, I love it. I day dream wayyy to much and with the music it allows me to focus more on my form and what not. But to each his own. Very Happy
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one area you can really tell the Generation Gap. At close to 58, I can't imagine running with headphones, ear plugs, or anything strapped to my arm. For people half my age, it's second nature. At the gym I can literally be the only person not listening to music or on a cell phone. Dan is a young guy, too, but he never got into the habit of listening to music while he ran. It's tough to get into your music when you're churning out sub-60 400's. Thumbs Up

"Gaunt is Beautiful" Cassidy's T-shirt
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would explain why I didn't listen to music while running 10 years ago, but I'm not sure what my explanation would be since that time. Confused

At times, I think it has something to do with what makes me a coach -- not liking the distractions and the need for something external to keep you "focused" -- but then I see other successful coaches my age or older running with headphones on during a road race, so who knows.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: