Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
World Cup
Post new topic   Reply to topic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
X King
Varsity
Varsity


Joined: 11 Jan 2003
Posts: 431
Location: Great Britain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: World Cup Reply with quote

Best Sprint action I've seen since....the WAF!

Tyson's 9.88 was awesome. Only really turned it on at 70m but powered thru to win by 0.21 from Obikwelu 10.09

Spearmon's 19.87 duece is also great. Didn't really get goin until 160m, but powered past Bolt [19.96] - it was raining too, so I'm sure the times coulda been a bit faster with more sprint-friendly conditions

Merritt 44.55 over Kikaya was good for Merritt. I expected more outta the times, but w/o Wariner burnin thru 300 settin a steaming pace, 44.4-44.6 are more-than-respectable

USA's 37.59 was the TRUTH! Smooth passing and some down right great legs secured them a massive victory [0.86 over EUR [made up of ALL GBR Sprinters] who ran 38.45] - Conwright's leg was good, Spearmon was really motorin down the backstretch, Gay's bend was awesome & Smoots' anchor was as good as it gets

Sherone's 10.97 was ite - expected a bit quicka from Torri, Gevaert, etc.

Sanya's 200/400 double was amazing. 48.70 to take down Brisco-Hooks 22yo 48.83 US Record was fabulous, and then a 22.23 victory by 0.49 over Gevaert [22.72] capped-off a great sprint season for her
_________________
Doubt whom you will, But never yourself.
Proverb
Anon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kishan Gill
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity


Joined: 24 Jan 2003
Posts: 236
Location: London, UK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got so caught up in the worldcup that I kept going on about it under the WAF string without realising. Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
X King
Varsity
Varsity


Joined: 11 Jan 2003
Posts: 431
Location: Great Britain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kishan Gill wrote:
I got so caught up in the worldcup that I kept going on about it under the WAF string without realising. Confused


LOL - I was goin 2 do the same, but thought that it deserved its own-topic - so here we are!
_________________
Doubt whom you will, But never yourself.
Proverb
Anon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kishan Gill
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity


Joined: 24 Jan 2003
Posts: 236
Location: London, UK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned under the WAF string that their were a collection of great performances from the likes of Gay, Richards, Simpson and the US relay squad but the performance of the meet for me had to be AJ's win in the 110mh.
What a comeback !!
and here I was thinking he was on the slippery slope to retirement.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Indeurr
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist


Joined: 08 Aug 2001
Posts: 1558
Location: Elizabeth, NJ, 07202

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: World Cup Reply with quote

X King wrote:
Best Sprint action I've seen since....the WAF!

Tyson's 9.88 was awesome. Only really turned it on at 70m but powered thru to win by 0.21 from Obikwelu 10.09

Spearmon's 19.87 duece is also great. Didn't really get goin until 160m, but powered past Bolt [19.96] - it was raining too, so I'm sure the times coulda been a bit faster with more sprint-friendly conditions

Merritt 44.55 over Kikaya was good for Merritt. I expected more outta the times, but w/o Wariner burnin thru 300 settin a steaming pace, 44.4-44.6 are more-than-respectable

USA's 37.59 was the TRUTH! Smooth passing and some down right great legs secured them a massive victory [0.86 over EUR [made up of ALL GBR Sprinters] who ran 38.45] - Conwright's leg was good, Spearmon was really motorin down the backstretch, Gay's bend was awesome & Smoots' anchor was as good as it gets

Sherone's 10.97 was ite - expected a bit quicka from Torri, Gevaert, etc.

Sanya's 200/400 double was amazing. 48.70 to take down Brisco-Hooks 22yo 48.83 US Record was fabulous, and then a 22.23 victory by 0.49 over Gevaert [22.72] capped-off a great sprint season for her


Gary Kikaya and Janet Kepkosegi are . . . always second no matter who wins and how fast or slow is the race. It has become their mindset already.
As to relays: the US women’s relay over 1600 m was great: I did not think that even in a non-world championships’ competition they would get beaten.
I found something hilarious. The second—leg runner for Europe (men’s competition) got beaten up with elbows by the Japanese runner who was half his size, and he gave trouble to the third leg runner who had to wrestle the baton from his hands (both). I would not be surprised, if he did not commit the common error of the 4 x 400 m relay runner: when they mess up instead of passing the baton on, they do try to explain themselves – slowing the relay even more.

I wish Gary Kikaya sub 44 400 m next year.
_________________
http://vincovitanj.tripod.com/Do_not_be_a_victim1/index.htmlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u43o595CARQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x22Alfgv0DY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgcD2akmeJc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0RcWYMwXU
one hand clapping
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Kishan Gill
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity


Joined: 24 Jan 2003
Posts: 236
Location: London, UK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wish Gary Kikaya sub 44 400 m next year.


It,s about time a non-american went sub 44
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group