Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Health & Nutrition
not sweating enough?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: not sweating enough? Reply with quote

after nearly every run, short distance, but a lot of hill work (approx 3-5 miles) my skin is very splotchy, red and flushed. i believe i am not sweating enough, although, i drink *plenty* of water daily - honestly. i am only concerned because it happens in weather that typically is cool (i live in san francisco and often run in the fog). i feel very hot, internally and i am not able to run as long as i would like and i just think it is odd that i barely sweat. my skin is moist, but by no means do i have the sweat that i believe i should. oh, i am a slender, 28 year old female.

is there a problem with my sweat glands?
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does seem odd. Have you been to a steam room or sauna lately? If so, does the same problem occur? The better shape one is in, the faster a person begins to sweat when exerted. Oh, is your mouth dry? Maybe you really aren't getting enough fluids and you are experiencing very early heat exhaustion, but that seems unlikely.

"Gaunt is Beautiful" Cassidy's T-shirt
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a nutriitional imbalance to me, but I'm not nearly enough of an expert in that area to diagnose it much better than that. If you want to drive up to Oregon, I can recommend just the guy to visit...

Dan
TeeJay
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:46 pm Post subject: not sweating enough?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after nearly every run, short distance, but a lot of hill work (approx 3-5 miles) my skin is very splotchy, red and flushed. i believe i am not sweating enough, although, i drink *plenty* of water daily - honestly. i am only concerned because it happens in weather that typically is cool (i live in san francisco and often run in the fog). i feel very hot, internally and i am not able to run as long as i would like and i just think it is odd that i barely sweat. my skin is moist, but by no means do i have the sweat that i believe i should. oh, i am a slender, 28 year old female.

is there a problem with my sweat glands?

Hey, i have the exact same problem like you. I get red rashes and bumply skin after doing running, in the car for a long time in heat etc. Also when i get nervous lol. But yeah i have been to the docter about it, even though i will go again and see another due to i got apointed to the docter who i don't like to visit due to well...i dont trust him. I live in Australia and i get this quite often so i cant goto the beach etc.

To what the docter said, he said that i should take cold showers and or move down to where its cooler... Shocked. I asked him about if theres any special cream and such, he just said go somewhere cool...gee. So i will go again and keep you guys updated on what it might be.

I suspect it to be the sweat glands due to i don't sweat that much anymore as i use to do when i use to do lots of sports. When i start sweating it tends to go away. I hope that has helped but other than that i will go to the docter and see what special things i can take.

, TJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: