Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Health & Nutrition
knee injury

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olympicrunner08
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: knee injury Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just had a knee injury due to impact(jumping an obstacle, but missing and hitting it with my knees)
I thought I had only bruised my knee, but all the swelling seems to begone and it hurts when I try to move it through a full range of motion. It feels like I tore/damaged a tendon or ligament inside the knee, can this be done from an impact injury? Also, when should i use ice and heat? WOuld glucosamine help me heal? I have been injured for about four days, in the past knee injuries , both impact and non impact related have taken 2.5 months, 2 weeks, 1.5 weeks, and 3 months to heal.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably just bruised, based on the description. Keep icing a few times a day, particularly after any activity.

Dan
BryanPT
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Bummer Bump Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the bump. Like the previous responder it sounds primarily like a contusion. Where onyour knee did you hit? If you struck directly on the kneecap there is some possibility of a contusion or even damage (mild) to the cartilage. Glucosamine could help and certainly has no negative side effects. If your knee is feeling stiff then it is probably swollen somewhat. This could be from just the synovial tissue that lines the knee joint getting contused or posssibly cartilage damage (rare case). Usually it is helpful to keep the knee moving in a way that is not painful. Cycling may be a good way to train for a week as this settles down. A tendon or ligament injury would be uncommon based on the way you got injured. Good luck!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: