Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
100m

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anselm Murphy
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: 100m Reply with quote

I went and ran the 100 again and got 11.21 this time. I will go to a "real" track soon and try to get a more accurate time. Anyway though, as I seem to be better at this than middle/long distance, I think i might start training for it. If I start doing some sprinting everyday and doing some weights, how long should it take for me to get the time under 11?
cheers!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things:

1) Make sure your "base level" 100m time is accurate before establishing goals from it.

2) There's really no way of answering how long it will take to hit a specific time. Everyone progresses at a different rate and some people max out before others. To take an extreme example, Maurice Green has run 9.79. Who's to say how long it will take him to improve a mere hundreth of a second down to 9.78? It could happen next week or never...

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: