Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
Out of sprinting and into middle distance!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paignton bhoy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:44 pm    Post subject: Out of sprinting and into middle distance! Reply with quote

Right ere goes....... i am a 14year old boy who does no training at all yet i seem to be reasonebly good at running i am better at sprinting than middle distance running with a time of 12:16secs in the 100m but i do not enjoy sprinting because here is basically no tactics and i want to get into the 800m i have ran 2 races so far and clocked times of 2:13 and 2:21 so i am basically asking could u give me some advice on how and when to train to lower my time and do you have any useful tactics ion these 2 races i followed the leader and went for a sprint finish and finished 3rd on both it would have been worse if i was'nt a good sprinter because i took 3 people on the last 100m thanx
Paul!!!
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have to ask if you have been doing any kind of running to get ready for these races? With the 800 there are many different ways to train so I'd like to know what kind of training you've done in the past. Are you part of a club or team?
paignton Bhoy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:45 am    Post subject: Training Reply with quote

yes i am a memeber of a club but there is'nt exactly alot of training involved which is why i am asking you for advice on training
Paul!!!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What DG was asking is what sort of training you've done up till now. It's very difficult to answer training questions without more background info than what you've provided.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
paignton bhoy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:48 am    Post subject: training Reply with quote

Phase 1 - 16 weeks
Phase 2 - 8 weeks
Phase 3 - 8 weeks
Phase 4 - 8 weeks
Phase 5 - 8 weeks
Phase 6 - 4 weeks

Phase 1 - General development of strength, mobility, endurance and basic technique
Phase 2 - Development of specific fitness and advanced technical skills
Phase 3 - Competition experience - achievement of qualification times for main competition
Phase 4 - Adjustment of technical model, preparation for the main competition
Phase 5 - Competition experience and achievement of outdoor objectives
Phase 6 - Active recovery - planning preparation for next season

i am in the middle of stage 5
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that tells us the terminology and duration of what you've done, but very little about the actual training (distance, intensity, volume, times)...

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
paignton bhoy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:54 am    Post subject: training Reply with quote

right each morning i do approxemetly 30mins run at 800m pace

then i do 25mins of press ups sit ups squat thurusts and burp's e.t.c

then i do 15 mins of weight training and each stage i go up i add on more time to do these
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask why you're posting under two different names? paulsceltic and paignton bhoy. The grammar and IP address gives it away... Please use the resources responsibly if you wish for others to spend their time helping you.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: