FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Distance Den
could I be any more dehydrated?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:53 pm    Post subject: could I be any more dehydrated? Reply with quote

Amazing what a [relatively speaking] long run on a somewhat hot day can do to a moderately out of shape runner... I headed out for an 8 miler around 12:30 this afternoon, tackling a route I've only driven before, knowing full well the return drip would be brutally hilly (it required walk breaks, unfortunately). Here it is 8pm, and after 3 large glasses of gatorade, 2 or 3 glasses of water, and half a glass of soy milk, I've yet to go to the bathroom... I was pretty well hydrated when I left, so I guess that run was even tougher than it felt at the time.

How's everyone else's hydration? Smile

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hammer
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the soy milk clogged you up Dan. You may never go to the restroom again. Smile

Lately I have been doing a good job of keeping myself hydrated. I also have been carrying around a 5 gallon bucket of ice water in the back of my truck for the last month. And I haven't had 1 glass of soy milk.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

I actually drink soy milk most every day, plus easily 2-3x the water of most anyone I've ever met... Yesterday was just a bit more bizarre than normal.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, Dan, Dan!! You just haven't bought into my SpagettiO's theory. A half a can of SpagettiOs 2 hours before your run would have done wonders for you. And the walk breaks, I thought I had clicked on Joggers Digest online!! Wink

I have reinstalled my email address so if anyone is interested in that 27 page Soy article, you may contact me.

DG (Diet_Guru) Surprised Surprised Wink

Oh, did I mention WELCOME BACK,DAN !!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, you wouldn't have wanted to hear (or smell) me if I ate that within 2 hours of running...

As for the walk breaks, what can I say? As I was approaching the last major hill (I made a careful note of it on the way out, being ridiculously steep), I was determined to run the whole thing. I literally made it one step and stalled out. It wasn't one of those things where you just can't summon the energy, I simply had no momentum. After I got to the top of it, I was able to run the final mile or so. Baby steps... It was only 3 weeks ago that I could barely run more than 3 miles, so the nearly 30 miles a week I've averaged since then is encouraging.

Dan
Hammer
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I can't stand milk (of any kind) I guess it is just the IDEA of where it comes from. And besides; what animal, besides the human, drinks milk aftet it has been weened (sp)?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do know soy milk has nothing to do with milk, right? Soy Fluid just doesn't have the same ring to it...

Dan
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a mental thing, at least it is with me. I will drink soy milk which to me tastes like the milk left in the bowl after you've eaten all the ceral. I use it mainly when I need to get extra calories it disolves powder better than either milk or water. Although I'm not a big milk guy either.
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring on the milk!!

Especially with a shot of Kahlua Exclamation Exclamation

Am I getting silly?

You betcha...tommorow starts a week at the beach Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Distance Den All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: