Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
Tyree Washington?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:54 pm    Post subject: Tyree Washington? Reply with quote

Anyone know what he's up to? The up and coming Tyree of a couple of years ago would probably be dominating both the 200 and 400 right now...

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyree was running very well last year - leading the world - when he got hurt just before nationals ... He decided during the off season to take this year off to give his body time to rest and get strong ... And i htink Coach Bush is trying to get him to relocate so as to be closer for trianing purposes ... So this is supposed to be Tyree's year off to get it all together ...

I think he is the best q-miler in the world right now hands down ... I actually think he was almost ready to truly challenge MJ ... at least provide some serious competition ... Hopefully he returns and is ready to run ... Was actually a good idea gien what the athletes have to face after this season - Worlds, Olympics, Worlds in back to back to back years ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I didn't know he was taking the year off. I heard second hand that he also got hit really bad by allergies right before the 400 at nationals last year and could hardly breathe. The injury would make more sense for long term concern, thought.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: