Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
pre training

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,I have some questions for anyone who is willing to answer really.I'm fifteen and last year was the first year I ever participated in a sport which was track.So starting to train was pretty hard.This year track training starts in about a month and I would like to know if anyone has any advice on how I could start to get in shape, so that I don't look too bad because I haven't been running for a while.I run 100m mostly.My most accurate recorded time for my 100m was 16.63.I'm only 4'11" and weigh about 85lbs. Please write back asap!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing you can do, regardless of experience or event area, is to train consistently. Just because a season ends, doesn't mean you are done with the sport for the next 9 months. Training is a year-round thing that you try to keep building upon so that you can start the next season as strong or stronger than you finished the last one.

What that means for you is that you should not delay in getting back into training. Take the next month to start doing the stuff you did at the beginning of last year's track season. At the very least, that will give you a head start so that you can actually train at the start of this season instead of being sore and fatigued from not being accustomed to the workload.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
training2run
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:52 am    Post subject: Pre-training Reply with quote

Eighty-five pounds, huh. You weigh about as much as one of my legs (I used to be a member of the "West University Placers, King Kong Running Club").

It's my umble opinion that endurance is the key to success in running any distance. Hence, I suggest you get on the track (or trail) and begin putting in some long easy miles, with a few short, fast surges stuck in from time to time to keep it interesting. Mike www.training2run.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: