Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Health & Nutrition
Possible achilles injury?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2001 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what the problem is but I have significant soreness along the back of my lower leg about an inch to two inches above my heel. I thought it might be my achilles but I also have swelling and discoloration around the inside of my ankle. At first I thought is was just a sore muscle but when I ran again and tried to stretch the soreness got worse. Any suggestions as to what it is and/or what I should do? Thanks in advance.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea what brought it on? How long has it lasted now?

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been running about 5-6 miles 4 to 5 times a week for the past several months. I unfortunately only have the opportunity to run on pavement. I also think my shoes have too much mileage and I am now looking for a new pair. If I had to guess I'd say its the shoes - I've never had an injury before. I do some hills but nothing extreme.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the area of soreness, if it is indeed the shoe's fault, you would most likely be able to feel pressure from the heel counter riding too high and/or digging in above your ankle. Does this sound right?

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: