Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
Best exercises to run longer distances faster..

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2001 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main problem is not that i run gasping out of breathe when im running or anything like that, its just that my legs seem to get very tired. Most people i talk to its the other way around. I havent been running long at all maybe 3-4 times a week for 2 weeks for a good 20 mins thats it. I'd like to run more and improve distance and speed. What advise can u give me. Also lately when i get to a decent jogging pace i feel like i can go on forever, this pace isnt that fast. If i had my choice of what race i'd like to run it'd be the 3200 meter i'd say, for the future of course. Im still in Highschool.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Wakka Wakka']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2001 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not doing so already, stretch your legs well before and after each run, start at a slower pace, and gradually increase the pace if possible.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one piece of advice you need: BE PATIENT. Obviously you have played other sports to have your lung capacity better than your leg strength. I'm guessing you've played a lot of basketball, or similar sport where you are used to running sprints. a couple of weeks is, unfortunately, just the beginning. It takes 7 months to get in shape. you are in for a lot of frustration. That's the trouble with today's mtv generation. running rewards patience and punishes those who don't exhibit it.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Donk']
training2run
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 4:20 pm    Post subject: That's why they call it training Reply with quote

Your legs are supposed to get tired. If not, it would be called vacation not training.

Two weeks of running is just a first step. If you keep up your training, three or four times a week (maybe more), and increase your distance maybe 5% or 10% a week, in six months you'll see some real results. Mad Dog Mike www.training2run.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: