Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Mid-Distance Depot
Suzys 1500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Mid-Distance Depot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone seems to think that Hamiltons fall in the 1500 was a great job of acting. What do you think Dan. Personally, I think people need to cut her some slack. I did find it odd that she would collapse in such a short event. Something was obviously wrong with her before the start.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Dave']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually didn't see the race, thanks to NBC's execellent job of making me almost completely disinterested in the Olympics. Sad

From the accounts I've heard and read, it sounds like she was very emotionally wound up and not in a good racing frame of mind before the gun. The fall itself sounds similar to what happened to her as she got nipped at the finish by Szabo at the Pre meet. Her form fell apart as fatigue took hold, and she lost her balance as she was caught over-striding.

What surprises me is not that she would collapse at such a distance, but that she would do so at that pace. She has run 8 seconds faster than the winning time this year, although not in such windy conditions and with such a slow start.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She had a hamstring problem and got dehydrated from taking anti-inflammatories. she talks about it on her site

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Dave M']
Leech Boy
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She still has the fastest time in the world in the 1500. She made it to her first Olympic/World Championships final. She made the top ten performer American list in the 800 and 5000 this year. Early this year, she had the fastest time in the world in teh 5000. That is a damn good year. She had a great race against Szabo at the Pre meet. She had a great race against Jacobs at the trials. Doesn't her season mean anything?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone here was suggesting that the rest of her season means nothing. We were only commenting on the latest race, which happened to come at arguably the biggest moment of her career.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Mid-Distance Depot All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: