Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
400m Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: 400m Help Reply with quote

So I do a bunch of runs like 8x200, and 4x600, etc. And we all know that those runs are ineffective for lowering one's 100m time. I do ballistics, plyos, and 60m sprints so thse are pretty much my only form of training that helps with the 100. My question is how does a 400m lower his 100m splits to at least one being 10 seconds? The 400 barely affects my stamina, but how do I lower my time further if I can't even run a 100 in at least 10 seconds? Or maybe I'm just exaggerating, 10 seconds isn't that hard to achieve since it's pretty much close to the human limits. Ideas?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, you need to run an actual race with results for all to see. The times you're quoting for any one event are not believable, let alone across a huge range of events. They're the stuff of fantasy. There's no point in anyone taking the time to give you detailed feedback until we can believe that what you're saying is real.

Dan
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to make a video of myself in the 400 and other races, but I just don't know how to make it, let alone that right now my parents are busy trying to sell the house to move. I've mentioned before that I have trouble with joining actual races, I'm just a kid who trains hard everyday without competition-not because I don't want to, but because it's not possible. It's hard to believe, but you don't need to be sponsored or have money, or even participate in races-anyone who puts time and effort into running becomes can become just as good, or the best. You can even be the poorest guy ever, and be just as good as a runner because time is priceless what many consider the meaning of "elite" is actually just a joke. In fact what is elite? It's just someone who put in more time, nothing else.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but the times just don't add up. Your situation doesn't change the fact... Until you post verifiable results for all to see, none of it is believable. No one has that kind of range. You're a miler one day, a 10k/marathoner the next, and now an aspiring sprinter ... all with very competitive alleged times.

People would be going out of their way to help get you on the starting line if any of it were true.

Dan
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I just have a great balance to everything. Bekele ran the last lap of 10K in Athens in 51 seconds and that's after 20 some laps of gut busting pain! Alan Webb, Rashid, etc. all can run the 100 in at least 11 seconds. And since my marathon time and other longer distances are so good is simply because of my VO2. When you reach a certain VO2 you can run any long distance in a certain amount of time just as Lance Armstrong was probably abe to run the mile in the 4 minute range. Hicham was probably able to run the marathon in the 2 hour range when he was at his best. And both Haile and Bekele have excellent ranges from 1500m to 10K/Marathon. You wouldn't be telling me this if my times were mediocre. The true secret to my speed in short distances was not my training distances, but running with weights. I did every single run with them back in the U.S. even it meant running at 8 minute mile pace, and hands down they turned me into a beast. My training was from mile-10K specific, because as you noticed many times, I was doing intervals of 5x2000 and 10x1000, etc. I was always "fast" in sports and had great stamina, but for some reason I had bad stamina for long distance running. It was always very weird how others that had just about the same amount of exercise I had were able to run longer. I built myself for the mile and higher, I wasn't talented at it-7:21 first timed mile.

If you think that 11.7 and 48.4 are good times, then it's all a misunderstanding. I was able to run 12 second 100s in middle school and easy sub 60 second 400s. I was the worst at the mile and longer distances compared to the top runners, even though I tried my hardest. It's never really been my thing, but what pushed into "running" would have to be my 8th grade rival. On the first mile run, I ran 6:55, and he ran like 6:20 or something. So yeah, I got serious because of that, and on my way I learned about Hicham which inspiried me even more. And right now I don't have any feelings towards all that hardwork I put in the mile because of how popular sprinting is among people. At the Olympics everyone was waiting for the 100m men, even the sprint section of this index has a lot more posts. Also I don't really see a future for myself in middle and long distance because of the the problems going on outside forcing me to train less and less. I fear that if I just wait it out, I'll have a bunch of effort go down the drain.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's all good and well. As soon as you post some verifiable results, I'll be impressed.

Dan
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a problem though, there are no "special timers." I mean that block-like thing that shows the time, where record breakers stay next to it for a photo. I don't want to use a stop wtch, if I'm going to do something I might as well do it right. I did win that 5K event in 14:01 and recieved nothing other than some claps. It wasn't that big of a race to be posted on the internet, or anything, but I guess that's who it all starts. I have to wait a long time though before I can make some videos. Besides-I did mention something about 2012? So yeah, I'll be here until then. 1 year down, 3.5 to go?
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing though-http://www.nacactfca.org/articles/Hart-eng.htm

Where it says Monday, Tuesday, etc. there's like 7 differnt types of sessions for each day. I don't understand if that means I should do all of those 7 sessions within that certain day, or to pick one from them.
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Cram His personal bests. Prrof that my VO2 theory is correct but with one minor flaw, the energy pathways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: