Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Open Mic Night
5K Halloween Hustle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rarquils
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: 5K Halloween Hustle Reply with quote

YES! The rumors are true! The Halloween 5K Run/Walk for Fathers is back for its Third Year.

ABOUT THIS EVENT:

The Halloween Hustle 5K run/walk returns this year to historic down town palatine to continue to raise awareness for Father’s Rights. Join us for this worthwhile event on a fast and flat course the will benefit Fathers Helping Fathers, a non-for-profit support group based in the Northwest suburbs of Illinois.

AWARDS & AMENITIES:

This 5K race is on a USATF-Certified course and will be CHAMPION CHIP TIMED. Awards will be given to the top overall runners for men and women, as well as the top three in each age category and Clydesdale division following the race, special awards will be given for best costume, most creative costume and most Halloween spirit. Splits will be read at the first, second and third miles. Water will be provided before, after and throughout the course. Refreshments will be available after the event for all participants and there will be a HUGE after-PARTY at Durty Nellie’s Pub.

REGISTRATION & FEES:

Entry fee is $25.00 ($20.00 for students and CARA members). All participants will receive a Halloween Hustle 5K Run for Fathers custom designed dry-release t-shirt. Online registration is available at www.halloween5k.com. The mail-in and fax-in application deadline is October 23, 2008. Registration will also be accepted the day of the race, as space allows, for $30.00 ($25.00/students & CARA).

Race day base camp will be on the mail level of the parking garage of on N. CARTER and W. COLFAX in Palatine, IL 60038. FREE Parking will be available on the top THREE levels of the parking garage. The race will start at 8:30 am SHARP on the main level of the parking garage.

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND RACE RESULTS:

For more information call Fathers helping Fathers at 847.540.3177 or visit our website www.halloween5k.com. Results for the 5K race will be posted on www.cararuns.org and www.halloween5k.com within 24 hours after the end of the race.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL OUT THEIR IN YOUR BEST SPIRITS!
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do people advertise on here and why? It's the strangest thing... Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind that sort of advertising, as it's basically a community fundraiser. The outright selling of products is a different matter.

Dan
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I see, I just saw the same thing happen before, and I was just wondering how it could get people from here to join that race.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're probably posting it lots of places in the hope that someone local sees it...

Dan
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since most require a fee...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: