Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
Tyson Gay's 19.58 Split

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sprint X
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Tyson Gay's 19.58 Split Reply with quote

The following is a mid race rendering of Tyson Gay's 200m race from the Reebok Classic.

When you account for the deviations associated with parallax error (off-angle viewpoints, torso positioning, step rate/time, etc), the programs utilized resulted in Gay splitting at 10.08v (despite 10.07 in the left frame). I did some triangulation plotting to soften (not completely solved for) the problem. Another problem, just as important, was working with 30fps material.

Although Liquid was the primary analysis tool, Eagle Eye and Kinovea were utilized as secondary software working instruments. Also the latter generates better screen shots than the former. I trust others have similar or better results.

Having submitted the resulting calcs to Pierre Jean Vazel he stated that, if correct, Gay's initial 100m would rank third with Bolt's 9.96 in Beijing and another bender by Gay (10.05) in '06.

Also interesting was Spearmon's ~10.61v (right frame) initial midpoint followed by what would be a 9.37 conclusion to the line. That would place his closing 100 fourth behind MJ, Tommie Smith and Bolt if correct.

Interesting stuff. I hope there are other analysts making certain evaluations of these remarkable performances, as well as those to come!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: