johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday

To Van,
Yes Van- "For me , time to be quiet and run."

Point-Taken Van!

The quietness allows you to listen to your muscles actually your entire running system.The way it moves, when you are running spare an ear to hear to your feelings.

My muscles are still feeling burning fires at the grandma's pace.Still burning in the oven and no time for stretches.How is that sound Van?!!!

This is my formula, when I used to coach High School.The high school kids were going wild and make noises I had to stop the noises, they ran well and the head coach thanked me for catching their attention.

Henry

The 47 days of training 120 minutes total
40mwr+60mhc+20wdr=120 minutes.I thought of stretching today after all minutes of runs,but I didn't have energy to do it and I'm not used to it.

One told me the other if I had known how to stretch I could have ran 10k in 26:22 mintes a long time ago. Is that right! All my world records times could have been todays generations times.

I had one run today. No intervals yet, I'm still pushing one more day at the time.....until I'm fully recovered.

Henry

Last edited by johnlvs2run on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday

To DLH
Quotes "My question to you is… What is your current dietary habits? Are you on any special diet plan to help you get to your target weight of 145 lbs?"

I was in Fountain Valley in 1992 not 1991. You are right I was trying to brake master record in 5k I ended up running 14:14 or something like that as the time was push to 13:50s.I was having hard time loosing weighs.

You are right loosing weights is not easy,but putting distances,long runs is not hard. It is very slow though and that is why I use minutes to cover the distances.I also make comments about the feelings burning fires in every corner of the body.This approach is unique unlike the old-timers approach.I do update my daily training.

"What is your current dietary habits? Are you on any special diet plan to help you get to your target weight of 145 lbs?"DLH.

My dietary at this point is veges not meat.I'm going back to my childhood where I never saw the meat.I feed my body with no meat.I just started drinking NONIs. I'm spentting the all money on liquid dietary supplement basically the same amount of money as I used when I was drinking alcohol.I make sure my daily training is updated.

I'm stable to go through this training unlike the time,when I was in Fountain Valley.This is the only focus is master mile record.
I just ignore the weighs and go through the body soreness of feeling burning fires,until I meet my right running weights somewhere between now and in December,2006.
What do you think of that?

Henry

To sc42
Scott Creel,I live in Albuquerque,New Mexico my Address:
International Sports Institute,P.O.Box 51151 Albuquerque,NM 87181
Cell 505-440-4806
Tell 505-323-5024

You can send me information and I will see what will happen then.

Henry
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday

To Braavo Furgi
"This is the KEY... SHRINK THE STOMACH. How? By cutting back on the amount eaten. I lost 2 pounds per week last fall by eating 1/2 of my normal amounts at each meal. Also cut way back on snacks, no "junk food"...

You know what last night after 120 minutes run I didn't have an appetite I went tp bed until this morning still didn't have appetite by 11 am I start eating my stomach is shrinking.

Another signs of my loosing weighs is when start having light or headaches-somehow there's connection between the mind and the stomatch-Anyhow tomorrow the seven week is ending.

My weighs shows some signs coming down slowly from 200s-198lbs I think by the end of eight week should be some consistancy of 195-8s.

The 48 day of training phase II
Today runs 120 minutes still feeling burning fires special feelings burning fires in the quads, stomatch and the head
I think that is where the 50lbs are sitting.
I like Braavo Furgi idea I did it in 1990. I got in shape in within two weeks.I drop weights so fast.I use to sleep with a half of the meal in the stomatch,so at night I sleep with one eye open not realy hungry,but not full-stomatch. It was great. It made me so motivated. I alway get up ready in the morning to hunt for life.

Today my body is getting up to match with the mind.I didn't know it takes this long for the body to recover from last sunday.

Henry

To Brit "On motivation....

My experience is that running is about emotion. At least, that's why I run. I've never run just to get fit.
I have a posster of Emile Zatopek on my wall with the quote from him: "A runner must run with dreams in his heart". That sums it up for me."

What are the most importants five components and athlete have to watch when is on training? One is already mention by Brit."Emotion" what are the other four components.That is why most people misunderstood athletes their daily growth in training not knowing their progress of performance-Why they sleep like a little kid who is still growing up.

FIVE COMPONENTS AND HOW IT DEVELOPS:
1)Emotion

Thanks

Henry
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday

To Brit,
How come no one wants to answer my question about motivations and the five components of a runner.Why most of these thread tend to discuss about stretches and not discuss about motivations? What motivated you to stretch alot? Perhaps this might lead you to answer the following.
Name the other four pillars that affirms the physiology of a runner? Brit has already answer the emotion for you. What are the other four?
1) Emotion

Most of the sports leaders should answer this questions.

Henry

To Perspective

Music has contributed my running tremendously before I broke my first world record in Berkely California 5k,I had to listen to music,eventhough my coach saw me and one of the Ivory coast sprinter Kaplan dancing.He didn't like it,he turned away and told us to turn off. We needed so bad to relax the muscles.Talking about muscle stretching, we were stretching in this manner,so to say.The same manner was my last world record in Oslo 3k.

What do you think I'm using now days to motivated me? again understand mativation means "move."
Have you ever watch my running movement? What is it look like?

Next:physical,social,spiritual, mental and emotion, these are the five components that it needs to be nurtured by the coaches who claims to lead an athlete.

How do you combine the five elements to function at once?

Henry

To warmup/cooldown,
My coach was treating my music as abscene few minutes before my world record in California.

Now I see it at Defined-fitness for anaerobic exercises.Music has been turn on-out-loud for muscles continuation anaerobic exercises developments and relaxation.Every-Health-fitness in town across this continent music is use for anaerobic exercises.

One has to hear some relaxing tone for the muscle to move in a gentle manner right!That is why anaerobic exercise teachers use it to develop health-fitness to motivate elder people for tuning on the muscles and to enjoy the exercise,so to an elite runner for them to continue for ever there's a need of muscle relaxation othwerwise the muscle will be old.

Henry

To Mel

Beans and dairy soy products are the meals I used to when I was young,and perhaps onces in a while we cook a chicken. I grow up very strong. Most of these cooking was fresh coming out-of race in a wild.I try to do that at this point in time.

Henry

To perspective

I think in most people food is the motivation that is in the blood right!The high demand of food in-take.

How can we make ourselves free from the weights that shackle my running abilities?

The questions how can we come out of shackles?To untie the shackles what is it takes? To me weights is my preventor.

How can I turn it around? Being over-weight makes me a prisoner so to speak.
Any great scientist out there to unfold the answer for us?

Henry
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday

To GoHooos "I also lost weight, down from 160 to 147 since Jan 06 and it has been helpful."

You are doing great as far as I'm concern.

I have a knee issue too,but as the weight comes down the better pace I run and the pressure off the knee.

I think at this age it is good to listen to our bodies in a sensesful manner.Our minds can destroy our bodies if we are not careful.

Also our bodies can destroy our minds too.We have to balance them in order to function the way we want them to work.

All of a sudden we have this problem of the knee problem and how it gets out of control.The problem of the knee is common in our age and athletes.It does go away if you treat as an athlete.
You have time to do it by the time of the age of 50 you have it.

Henry

To historian "Are you a member of the same tribe in Kenya as Kip Keino and Mike Boit; the Kalenjin tribe? Does this particular tribe have a higher number of national and world class runners than other areas of Kenya? Is it because it is in the Rift Valley, at altitude? What about the Nandi tribe? I thought they had the most 'great runners'?"

I'm a Nandi tribe,the above mention comes from one district Kapsabet,Kilibwoni location,the above names are my neighbors.No doudt they are my tribal people.

To update my training.The 50 day of training phase II,the first day of week eight.I log-in 181 minutes come to weight 195lbs,I'm still feeling burning fires towards the the last 30 minutes it starts getting on my right knee.At the begining I was feeling very strong in the end I was feeling wasted,I dragged myself to the showers after come and sit-down drink all the water I could find and half-gallon of milk that fill me up. I felt a sleep and may be or lighter head,perhaps so tired and spacing out.

Henry

Salazar went there trying to get in shape for 1980 Moscow Olympics, he couldn't stand the environment,he came-back to Eugene,Oregon complaining and saying that Kenya don't have this and that, so he stay there for only 19 days.He couldn't handle it.He lost the focus.

I wondered what was he looking for in the first place,is it not running?

What was that short period would do to you?.He needed to stay for three-six months as you say. Like the Finish four Gold medalist runner Lesse Veran in 1972-76.

Henry
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday

To old school dog "very interesting, Henry. Do you remember seeing Lasse Viren and Juhu Vaatahan and other Finns, in the early 70's before you came over to the USA? Were you running then and did you ever run with them? (or was that a little too soon for you, 1970-72 years)Did they run up 'Agony Hill'?"

I met lasse Viren for the first time in 1976 training in Nyahururu,the town of Gold medalist and five times world cross country,John Ngugi.There's a longest hill to climbe there,called Agony Hill,but they were not trying to climbe it.

Every morning,when I'm climbing the agony hill,he always running very slowly along high-way to Nyanyuki.He says, he does something like 15-20km a day.A very quiet guy,he keeps it to himself infact the late,the Finnish,journalist Pekka Rinne was translating the conversation,when we visited him and took some-photos pictures together.This is before Montreal,Canada Olympics 1976.

Pekka was telling him,I'm up-coming champoin next-to him.

Henry

To JR,
Albuquerque brings all-the athletes around the world you name it.This is a Gold-medals maker environment-Marathon winners comes from here-world-record-holders revivers comes here-to revive the their engines-But they have to race somewhere-else.It is a place to tune-up the lungs.

I never ran or train with Ngugi,I saw him in 1985 when I was there in Nyahururu running through on the road like a rocket.Unlike Lasse Viren,whose pace was as a grandma.

The hot and dry air is not a problem athletes get used to.
You can train for sometimes then go to low altitude to do speed work as Ibrahim Hussein used to do in Flaggstaff.

Sometimes in future I will go to low altitude to do speed work,but not yet.I have to bring my weight-to 160lbs.

Henry
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see my name in there...

Quote:
Every-Health-fitness in town across this continent music is use for anaerobic exercises.

One has to hear some relaxing tone for the muscle to move in a gentle manner right!

I always thought it was to combat boredom. Neutral

Dan
S_Fox
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where have henry's updates gone? he ain't back in the pub is he? (jokes)
I have enjoyed reading his training logs.
Come back Henry
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He decided to keep posting at letsrun. John has been periodically posting recaps here, basically as an archive, but I don't think Henry is checking in anymore.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: