Training Talk
Henry Rono's World Record Training

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great warmup, 132 minutes at 5:38 am. Yippee!

"The 43 day of training phase II morning run at 5:38 AM 38mwr+82mhc+12mwd=132 minutes in preparation of evening trails at UNM 6pm.

I'm heading down there now at 4Pm.
see you

Henry

Last edited by johnlvs2run on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: results from Henry's first time trial Reply with quote

Good going Henry! Very Happy

"ROCK ON!

I think I went out hard trying to follow a forty-three year-old guy,who took me with 77 seconds I was in the third place with 82 seconds and my ears were blocked. I couldn't hear any-more,The last I heard was the last lap of 4:51 minutes I had 300 meters to go, I dragged my feet so hard and finally I finish with 6:04.58 official time.

That was it, my body still under-heavy work-out of speed work of this last week.
I was off when I say I will run under six minutes.I think me and the Dr.Exag are getting closest the predicting time.
Thanks
Henry

I'm 54 year-old guy and I try to keep-up with forty-three-year-old guy from Colorado,who visited New Mexico this week-end.

I had some-one,who was taking photos for me while I was warming up and getting ready for this 1500m trials.I ran with 200lbs today.The weight still standing right there,perhaps 202lbs and goes to 197lbs and back-up in the last six weeks.The body appearances is changing in comparison to what I weigh.

Now I know my starting point,those intervals will change next week because I have another master to do speed work of 200mx8 and tha will improve my speed and sweat alot to drive away some weight off of me.The problem is the recovery part of it is harder to do the next work, but I feel great unlike some weeks ago when I was dragging my feet on the ground.The old-ladies grandies were passing me by.

I appreciate my progress and with your is even greater chatting with you online.

I'm better then before.It takes a while to promote the young body-from the old-man to keep-up with the young mind.
What do you think?

Henry

Last edited by johnlvs2run on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To JR,
To update the 1500 meters winner today from Colorado with 5:02 minutes, someone else came second place and me third place with time of 6:04.58 minutes.He almost lap me.

Henry
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a bit overly optimistic... Either the mile rep times were wrong, or he wasn't well enough rested for a hard effort today. Did I read the earlier post right that he ran 2+ hours the morning of, or is that a different day?

Dan
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes 132 minutes warm up in the morning.

Notice Henry's first lap was 77 seconds, so he's going to keep bringing his time down for sure.

Thank you, Henry, for sharing your training and running with us.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure what the point is of attempting to fine tune predictions of race readiness when it's preceeded by an extremely high level of fatigue... Confused Clearly, I'm missing something. The only reasons I can think of to run a race that is being trained through is to have fun and/or gauge fitness, but the pre-race activities and actual race pacing indicate that neither was the case.

Dan
S_Fox
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am amazed that someone of his age and past well publicised alcohol problems can manage such a excrutiating schedule. Good on him and I hope it all works out. I wish I had his determination.
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday

This morning the 44 day of training phase II the 7wk was hard.Yes, I have a stick that I could use to measure my running plans and the progress development.

My whole body is stiff.I manage to 78 minutes,swiming,whirl-poo and sauna.My body is in tranformation.I don't feel like doing anything in the afternoon,evening today.

I'm looking forward to take on Dave Salazar tomorrow with intervals of 200mx12.His speed is 36-31 seconds pace and I'm 47-41 last week.

What do you think will be my pace behind him tomorrow?

Henry

The forty-three year-old was leading the race yesturday with his time of 77 seconds. I was 82 seconds similar to those 200m speed of 41 seconds.I think in half which is two laps I heard something like 3:06s and third lap was 4:51 you can guess the rest.

I think the 40 seconds for 200 m intervals would be an ideal point to begin the progress.

henry

To Alex S
Yes Alex you need to listen to your feeling burning fires somewhere in the body and the grandma pace wouldn't hurt. Gradually you would-out grow the injuries,but you got to learn to pay attention to those areas.

That is how I grow now days into running.Basically just take those baby steps.I'm heading the right direction to the bigger steps.

henry

To JR
I'm training through races.In the earlly stages of comeback one needs to break through to the next level. That is how I manupulate my body to cross the bridge to the new level

Basically what you are doing-you are putting the body to go through feeling burning fires at once(manufacturing-new-muscles).That is why I'm taking two cat-naps today like a baby in the middle of the day.

Now the body is automatically recovering and getting ready for tomorrow work-out high-speed-intervals.

Henry
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuesday

To JR,
I broke four world records and I never stretch even to bend-down as touching my toes.All I was doing just run until I get tired I stop two-three times a day running.

I see athletes stretching alot even my athletes that I coach,I told them I never stretch and no injuries.

These athletes talk about stretching alot and what found from them are having a lot of injuries.

I told running in the hills stretches your entire-body from toes to the head naturally,that was my indirect-stretching as a wild animal in the forest never stretch and their muscles are lean and mean.They take off like rocket never pull a muscle.

Can you train like that? Do you understand the importants of the hill?

Henry

The question is that they fear to training hard to rise the body temperature to the max.They just start stretching when their muscles is cold.Then they wonder why they are breaking joints and angles when they don't have enough heat in the body.They stretch the body at the wrong time,day,month and not enough training.

Perhaps you need to take three months of training before you start stretching even touching your toes.

In late 1950s when I was 6 years-old, I used walk 40 miles before the sun-up until sun-down. Did I stop and stretch in the middle of it? No.

Henry

To Orville Atkins:

We never stretched in the 1960s. We never did any weight training either. We felt that the arms were merely for balance. You run with your legs. I, personally, felt that I needed all of my time and energy for running.

I did and I still do exactly what Orville did.My training is basically the old-times style of 1960s and 70s and still works so well.

Henry

To Malmo,
Stretching basically means have you trained until your muscles stretch-out to the top?

Means run until the muscles are soft as the muscle of an an-te-lope e.g. gazelle.Until you can breath through the muscles not the nose.

Didn't mean just jog a couple of blocks and start stretching.Your breathing still not enough through the muscles so you breathing still hard on your lungsa and through your nose.

Henry

To Orville Atkins,
Orville,your adaptation was coming very smoothly,and because you have it in your mind is easily adaptable to your physical and your running becomes natural.

I didn't have headaches when I broke four events in 81days.It was all-natural.

Why is that?

I broke a record and wait for four weeks then another one wait four weeks and so forth...

Why my recovery was so short and ready again?

I didn't do something different in between such as stretching. I only keep running until I get tired I stop.I made so simple for me.I didn't make it look complicated.Just run until there's no food in the stomatch, I go and eat some-more basically what did was as an an-te-lope does or gazelle in the wild-cold forest.

Henry

To Van,
You did the two 5k in one day and it was enjoyable.You didn't make a big deal about it.Your body was taking the race as natural as a wild-gazelle in the forest nothing fancy.

The same with Orville when racing his races the years of running was enjoyment the nature of it was great.The time of running with feelings and when you are tired you stop.The good years of enjoying the sports of running which begins from a man-mind.

Henry

To JR,
The 45 day no training minutes and intervals.My body still not recovered from last sunday, so I push it to the next day.
I took a day off.I think I needed a day off which is today
Thanks for asking it is good to work step by step with you guys and update the training.

Henry
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday

The 46 day phase II training.
Early morning run for 134 minutes
90mwr+30mhc+14mwd=134 minutes.
The stretching muscles is 30 minutes if you to know about that part.The 90 minutes is warm-up to get ready for stretches plus minutes of cool down 14 minutes is that sound fair to you.

Evening run is 60 minutes the body still recovering from sunday 1500m trials.My body was up today unlike two days ago when I was mental up but physically down.

People are becoming wild about the stretching muscle thing.

How can you stretch muscles when there are not ready to be stretch? At what condition are the muscles ready to be stretch? Nobody knows,so don't push the body for more injuries.I think that is the fair way of approaching your understanding of muscles stretches.

Henry

Last edited by johnlvs2run on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
S_Fox
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried not stretching lastnight im my 5K race and I had no problems, you have made me think is it worth stretching? as I can remember on a few occasions I have turned up to a Race just before start time and not had time to stretch and ran better than usual. I think a good running warm up with a few strides is more than enough for me and I have no need to stretch anymore.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that argument on a number of occasions, and though fairly convincing, I personally find it to be very much untrue. I can barely make it through a run without extensive stretching, before, during, and after.

My take is that stretching is un/less necessary if you have nothing wrong. Otherwise it is very much necessary. The grey area is injury prevention...

Dan
AM_Runner
All-Star
All-Star

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I am very on the fence on the stretching issue - I tend to start off many of my runs very very slow and I don't do a ton of stretching up front however I do stretch after running more frequently...

May or may not be necessary but my take on it is that it doesnt hurt anything so why not...
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday

In the last six-seven weeks I'm finishing my seven weeks on July 21,this friday-all these weeks I have been sleeping like a baby.Last monday,Tuesday,wednesday. On monday I sleep three times,Tuesday two times and Wednesday one time.Working on loosing weights you sleep alot.The body gets tired easily, you can't do anything else.If try to do something else at this stage will be hard to do.

I only go to the store to buy something and post office to mail-out autographs and received the mail.

Perhaps Kinkos to print-out color photos for autographs and to central new mexico community college to print-out letsrun.com threads.

Most of the day I'm focusing on one master record.The management of this body is enough to occapy me.It is a full-time job,perhaps twenty-four jobs.I can't think or even have energy to think something else. I'm full-time baby sitting me.I let my body to come-down this far. Now I have to pick it-up.It takes amount of power from me.
How is that sound!Until I weigh 145lbs then I will have extra-times on my hands. From 197.9-145lbs still a long way to think about extra-time.The body works so hard.The feeling burnings fires makes the body tired.

Henry

(Quotes)"Any other brilliant ideas from nature?"

Its fair and understandable to think this way.Train for 3-4 months with-out making and disturbing muscles when their positioning themselves and structuring into the right places for running.Spent more time runniiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!iiing not stretchiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

Do you have motivation for running?
What is your motivation for running?

Henry
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday

Qoutes "I am new on the internet, I was wondering have you written any place how you trained when you ran world records in the 70s and 80s?"

Henry Rono training for mile record PART I

I'm trying to do that when times comes.In ditances wise yes but not yet in speed work.I do a have when it comes to speed work.

Now going back to "STRETCHING MUSCLES"

Why everybody got up with this problem of strerching?
Did I get your attention? please! Ask yourself if did?
In most of the thread in the last few days it has been about stretching issue.Is this has been your problem? I bet it is.

No wonder we have issues about running in North America.No one wants to run now-days as of 1960s-70s One ask me if stretched when I used to walk 40 miles at the age of 6 year-old.Perhaps was a kid and you were how do you think about stretching.

This is very interesting.Keep it up and stop asking other importants question such as motivations which is suppose to be the issue in North America running.
Why talk about streching and yet you have not make a decision about running? Are you one of this runners wants to know about everything running before they decide to run? Is it hurts?,They ask. "What is it feels like?"
You are missing the good sides of the questions and getting on the wrong questions again no wonder north America can keep up with the rest of the world in running.I have been trying to lead you to the right questions since the begining of this threads but you tie me around with the wrong questions.
Make a list of the importants in running.I'm heading out-post-office

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: