Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
Saturday meet

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2000 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,
I had a meet today and ran 24.11 in the 200 and 52.79 in the 400m. I missed a few strides and the wind bothered me but that 52.79 was a pb. My training went good this week and now I think Im going to try the 800m for a June meet-either the 13th or 14th. Im going to try running some 500 repeats next week. My aerobic base is ok as i ran a 35:09 5mile road race back in april. Do you have any tips on increasing my endurance for the 800m?

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Dave Murphy']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2000 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Nice work! I guess the wind tunnel paid off? Wink

With about a month to get ready for the 800, I'd stay away from the tendency to do too much longer stuff, as it will most likely just make you sluggish in that amount of time. 4x400 at goal pace is a good one. You might also do well with 8-12x200 at slightly faster than goal pace, running sets of four with 30 seconds between each one and a one lap jog between sets. Make the lungs burn, because that's what you'll need to be accustomed to.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: