Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
The Field House
My Long Jump career.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> The Field House
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fry the Sailor
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: My Long Jump career. Reply with quote

I wondered if you saw it or not, Dan. You're normally quite on top of things and reply to just about all inquiries about training.

My programme involves a lot of pylometrics, jump-roping, and weight lifting. I also spend time on standing long jumps and sprint form (a's and b's). I also do a "dot" drill where I move my feet as quickly as possible along this array

X4_______X3
_________
____X2____
_________
X_5______X1

the x's represent areas my foot or feet must hit as go from one to the next. the numbers represent which one I do first, next and last. Then the next day it do the dot drills in reverse.

I did my first particular long jump workout yesterday. Here's how I did it
5 mins speed rope
Dot Drills
Standing Long jumps 7'5" to 7'10". I consider that pretty nice since I don't lift as often as I should
2 mins heavy rope
Dot Drills
Sprint form work
stretches

I should start a lifting programme this week or the week after.

Though I would like to get some reseources on how to warm-up for competition. Indoor season isn't too far away...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like good general coordination and agility work. I'm not sure how well the standing long jump practice translates to the real thing, though. I'd think you would be better off doing pop-ups off a box into the pit or something.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> The Field House All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: