Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Health & Nutrition
Major Stomach Pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Claire
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Major Stomach Pain Reply with quote

Hi. I'm a college basketball player who is in the process of training for a timed mile in less than a month. I have been running now for about a month and half trying to get my time. However, after I get done running I have horrible stomach pain in my lower stomach. It never hurts while I'm running, just afterwards. Do you no anything about this?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's most likely due to what you're eating. What's your diet like? A second possibility is hydration -- either too little or too much.

Dan
sahan
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Major Stomach Pain Reply with quote

http://www.thomasmedical.com
Claire wrote:

Hi. I'm a college basketball player who is in the process of training for a timed mile in less than a month. I have been running now for about a month and half trying to get my time. However, after I get done running I have horrible stomach pain in my lower stomach. It never hurts while I'm running, just afterwards. Do you no anything about this?

I do get this stomach aches after I run and that is because of dehydration because of the amount of water your body is loosing. Your stomach and intestinal muscles has to be hydrated in order to function well. As a result, you may experience stomach cramps.

Another reason could be as a result of sodium depletion which is also a function of dehydration. Additionally, intense work outs results in lesser blood in the stomach and intestines and runners are usually prone to overexerting themselves, which will eventually result in such problems. In order to get rid of them, you have to improve your fitness and technique.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: