Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
US Trials Sprints

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gut tells me that someone is going to step up this time around that is not expected to do so ... Not sure who ... But someone like Burns or Pognon would not be out of the question ...I just feel like there is going to be a surprise ...
Kishan Gill
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zakari just won in paris in 10.04 ahead of a good field including scott (4th in 10.13) and pognon just behind. Obikwelu was just pipped to the post with 10.05.

I don't think zakari will step up another level and besides his last two major finals he failed to finish, which may suggest a chink in his armour. Furthermore african runners seemed to be jinxed in major finals if you trawl through the record books from 100m through to 400m. obikwelu was the exception but was wearing a portugese vest.

I forgot to mention the great frankie fredericks, the most succesful of them all but so many times the runner up.

The trend for african sprinters is to do well on the circuit.

I guess it's just a co-incidence ( I refuse to draw myself into superstition despite what I seem to be suggesting).

Yes, pognon could pull off a surprise as may Brown or Burns.

By the way, a great high hurdles final, which I mentioned in earlier posts is probably the most competitive event this year.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 110h really stood out to me at the Pre meet for how fast they were running so early in the year, and that trend sure seems to be continuing.

Dan
Kishan Gill
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They hurdles are so wide open with johnson,arnold,liu and doucore as well as trammell with a fair chance and not to discount ollijars I have never known the event to be so hard to call ever !

Their has never been a better time for the 12.9 barrier to be broken with such great talent pushing one another.
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That hurdle field was too deep ... I get the feeling that there might be some lingering mental left overs from this race ...

I like Doucoure and Xiang a lot ... Both for different reasons ... Johnson is going to be competitive to the last drop, but just lacks that "zip" now ...
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kishan Gill wrote:
zakari just won in paris in 10.04 ahead of a good field including scott (4th in 10.13) and pognon just behind. Obikwelu was just pipped to the post with 10.05.

I don't think zakari will step up another level and besides his last two major finals he failed to finish, which may suggest a chink in his armour. Furthermore african runners seemed to be jinxed in major finals if you trawl through the record books from 100m through to 400m. obikwelu was the exception but was wearing a portugese vest.

I forgot to mention the great frankie fredericks, the most succesful of them all but so many times the runner up.

The trend for african sprinters is to do well on the circuit.

I guess it's just a co-incidence ( I refuse to draw myself into superstition despite what I seem to be suggesting).

Yes, pognon could pull off a surprise as may Brown or Burns.

By the way, a great high hurdles final, which I mentioned in earlier posts is probably the most competitive event this year.

Of the non stars I'm bettin on Burns !!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: