Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
Foot pain after training

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2000 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to be getting pain on the ball of my foot almost between two toes. It only hurts bad when I walk about 15 minutes after I run until a couple hours later. It doesn't seem to slow me down and gives me minimal pain when I am running. I am puzzled about it because it hurts slightly when I walk-not very painful but annoying. Possibly it is the shoes-I only train in spikes for starts-could it be serious?

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Dave Murphy']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2000 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

It's very hard to say what it could be or whether or not it's serious until you get it looked at. X-rays would most likely determine if there is something structural going on. I had a foot problem that I tried running through for over a year, only to find out that I may have run through a stress fracture... I got orthotics because of it and have been much better since.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2000 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,
Here's an update: I took three days off, bought some new shoes and my foot felt fine. I also thought I was getting shin splints, but when I ran in my new shoes there was no pain. I have no complaints except that I did a test race and was considerably slower in the 400. I have decided to shift my training more towards May or so. I did one mile(5:50).Then I did 5x150m hill sprints. they were so challenging that I felt horrible afterwards. Today I am going to do 5x300m-fly the first 60m then relax and fly the last 80m or so.

Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2000 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear the pain went away! Smile Shoes and rest can make a huge difference.

You time trialed a 400 immediately after returning from the layoff? That could explain you not feeling well, plus trying to run fast in new shoes... I wouldn't make too much of a single workout after a near-injury. Sometimes it takes a few runs to shake the lead out of the legs.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 29, 2000 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no pain in the foot. This is good. I start my outdoor training tomorrow after resting 3 days for some of my midterms. Do you have any tips for the transition from indoors to outdoors training? i want to make sure I don't work too hard, as 200s and 300s look shorter outdoors. I am also worried about training in the wind as it can get quite windy on the track in my town in the early spring. Is this a good thing?

Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 29, 2000 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never run indoors, so I can't really offer you any advice there. Oregon basically has a year-round spring season...

I don't much care for running into the wind, but I figure it can only make you stronger. You can treat it as resistance training or speed assistance, depending on which way you're running.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: