Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
Helpful hint(s) for the 2005 Fantasy T&F League

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VIPAM
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Helpful hint(s) for the 2005 Fantasy T&F League Reply with quote

[edited by Dan: made Sticky to keep it up top on the page for extended Fantasy setup discussion.]

Which would be best?:

1.) A line-up where you have numerous (20) athletes who could possible secure numerous 7-10 places at grand prix meets but possibly not good enough to make the Grand Prix final.

2.) A line-up consisting mostly of the elite athletes who may or may not race several times but surely to make Grand Prix final. Even if all your top athletes don't compete alot-the ones who do will contribute high points-but would that be enough.

3.) A line-up made up of both 1 and 2 but if the few top athletes don't run then the lesser athletes won't contribute enough points to secure you a top 10 placing in the League.

Or do you have a better suggestion?

VIPAM
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 or 3. The key is figuring out who will be the top athletes in the coming year, as it often differs rather significantly from who was at the top the previous year. In the end, it all comes down to who competes regularly and places well. Value athletes often don't pan out because they don't place top-8 often enough.

Dan
VIPAM
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan

You are exactly right but one have to figure out if the top athletes will compete at the same level or as often as the previous years. Shawn Crawford, Tirunesh Dibada, and Eluid Kipchoge were certainly disappointments for me this year. Will anyone chose them next year, I don't think I will?

VIPAM
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll be better bargains next year, of course. Wink

Dan
VIPAM
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Oh really, I wonder how much? Reply with quote

Dan

Thanks and I would certainly hope so (LOL)! Wink

VIPAM
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great thing about the game is that it is not entirely predictable ... You have to have an idea about who is going to continue to perform at a high level ... Who is going to move up to compete at a high level ... And who is going to comepte often enough to make their purchase worthlwhile ... Enough different variables to keep it spicy !!!
VIPAM
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conway

I agree thats what make this game so interesting the unpredictablity, thus forcing you to make the wisest choices possible from prior knowledge of athletes and instinct.

VIPAM
YUKON QUEST
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to enter in the game. What should I do? I read FAQ but I don't know when the competition starts...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ended. Next competition will be the start of the '05 prime European circuit, which is roughly mid June to early September.

Dan
VIPAM
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Its here and harder than ever...therefore more interesting Reply with quote

2005 Fantasy T&F is here and more interesting as every as MORE young athletes are emerging with world class ability, veterans are returning from disappointing 2004 seasons, veterans remaining low-key, and World Champion season. The World Championships have a dramatic effect on the Fantasy T&F because some athletes that raced alot the year before will not during the World (concentrate on training more) and others that didn't race alot (will as they like to race into shape). So many variables to consider... Question I'm getting dizzy (LOL).
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually have two or three martinis to help me with the selection process. This year though I stayed sober and used a mathematical approach. (See the We Have Warthogs thread.) I will probably do worse. Sad
VIPAM
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: subsitute Reply with quote

Try a few Cape Cods Very Happy I hear they help you think clearer Micah!
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a new one. What does a Cape Cod have in it?
VIPAM
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: not much but its good Reply with quote

Vodka and cranberry
VIPAM
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: I think.... Reply with quote

I think my athletes had too many Cape Cod's during the last meet as I had MANY disappointing performances.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: