Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
Men's 110mh OG Final

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Men's 110mh OG Final Reply with quote

USGOLD2004 posted:

''Just a quick sidenote off 100m and 200m. Its 110m hurdles.''

Wind : +0.3

Rk Bib Name NOC DOB Lane React Fn Result
1 1363 LIU Xiang CHN 13 JUL 1983 4 0.139 12.91 OR (=WR)
2 3353 TRAMMELL Terrence USA 23 NOV 1978 6 0.154 1 13.18
3 1453 GARCIA Anier CUB 09 MAR 1976 7 0.169 13.20 SB
4 2254 WIGNALL Maurice JAM 17 APR 1976 5 0.164 13.21
5 2424 OLIJARS Stanislavs LAT 22 MAR 1979 2 0.174 13.21
6 1304 ALLEN Charles CAN 29 MAR 1977 1 0.139 13.48
7 1250 INOCENCIO Mateus BRA 17 MAY 1981 8 0.169 13.49
8 1731 DOUCOURE Ladji FRA 28 MAR 1983 3 0.204 13.76

''Equalling that WR is insane, I can't believe that, and a new OR, that guy must fly.''

I agree that that race was great. And it would be my vote for the performance of the games...so far...

It was a really awesome performance, and at the age of 21yo, he has ages left...which leaves him time to possibly improve the WR by around 0.05-0.10...he should go to 2008 as one of the strongest home-favourites (ala, Cathy Freeman in Sydney)...and I would bet anyone that he lights the flame in Beijing...

Also good to see Trammell getting a medal...prehaps he could have run closer to his PR, but tonight it was not to be, and he repeated his Silver medal winning performance from 4 years ago...I was also happy for Anier Garcia, because the last good race he ran before this year was his win at the 2002 Madrid World Cup (13.10, wind: -2.2m/s!)...and for a year after that he had been virtually non-existent...but this year he had been rounding into form nicely, and his medal was well-deserved...

It's just a shame AJ couldn't have been in the final...prehaps he could have figured in the race...and could've pressured Liu in the race, but unfortuantely for him it wasn't meant to be...does anyone have any word on what AJ is to do with his career following his oly dissapointment?
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting to see the race on NBC although I saw it on the net ... The kid is awesome ... I actually had him tipped to win the gold before hand ... He ran right with Johnson earlier in Europe and is rested haaving not run as much as some of the other guys ... He could be the first to run inder 12.90 ...
Kishan Gill
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sub 12.9 barrier is long overdue since Nehemiah broke it in 1981.
Kingdom, AJ amd jackson had the potential to do it but this new wave of hurdlers , particularly Lieu may do it in this decade. Tramell looks like he has a lot of potential if he can get it alltogether at the right time and don't forget the unlucky frenchman who set a PB of 13.06 in the semis. He is a very fluent hurdler and i expect a lot from him in the coming years.
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liu and Doucoure are the future and present of the event ... I can see the barrier going this year as there are still a few races left in Europe and perhaps these guys will run against each other once or twice ... And
Allen will get a shot to show he has it ... Who knows, maybe Athens will inspire him to turn his misforotune into something greater ... But Liu's race was a thing of beauty ... And interesting to watch given his height ... But he is very good over the hurdles and has little wasted movement ...
Kishan Gill
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes definetely, with brussels and berlin and the GP final, it would be great to see these two head to head again and even better if AJ gets in the mix.
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there will be a faster race this year. Liu ran a perfect race. Did you see how fast he got out at the start to the first hurdle? I don't think he hit one hurdle enroute. And his transition from the last hurdle to the finish was near flawless, not a stumbled step anywhere.

"Gaunt is Beautiful" Cassidy's T-shirt
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, a top Junior runner makes it as a top Senior on the men's side. Smile

Dan
collegetrackman
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: re:hurdles Reply with quote

I would have to agree with Paul although I still see some upside there.I
think that he will shatter the world record within 2 years and by the
olympics in China,he might just put it almost out of reach.He has really
good form and maintains his speed/rythym well.
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - sort of ... I can see him going around 12.85 ... Not sure I would consider that shattering the record, but it would definitely be out of reach ... I mean consider that Nehemiah ran 12.93 back in 1981 and the record is only .02 faster in 2004 !!! Now that I think about it, I may have to adjust that time back to 12.87 for Liu ... 12.90 has proven to be a pretty formidable barrier ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: