Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
Martinique GP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Martinique GP Reply with quote

Martinique GP II this weekend...

Yet another (for the second consecutive week now) Greene vs. Montgomery clash...it's not confirmed yet though...but the meeting will still be good regardless...

Larry Wade is also running (13.13s opener for him! Has followed it up with some other decent times this early in the season) and Maurice Wignall...should be good to see how he well he can do outdoors, following his great indoor season, the highlight of which had to be when he won the bronze medal withn the Budapest WIC Men's 60mh final behind AJ and the young asian start Lui...

Seems like a good competition...hope some good reuslts can come out of it...

IAAF.org Report:

http://www.iaaf.org/GP04/news/Kind=2/newsId=24971.html
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost hate to see either one run again this early ... Would like to see Greene rest more this year ... And I would think that MOntgomery would like to take a couple weeks to ofix whatever kept him from being closer to Greene in LA ... Tim opened at 10.04 last year so is a bit off from his normal pace ... But hey if they want to go at it then cool ...
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a meet I would love to attend. I vacationed in Martinique in '83 and it is a beautiful place. Very Happy
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montgomery won his heat (10.16s) and then went on to win the final (only by 0.03s) in 10.08s...Greene ran 10.18s in the heat (to win comfortably by over a meter) but pulled out of the final citing an ankle injury...hope that heals, but glad to see Mo being sensible and not running on a possible injury, as he has done in the past...

Larry Wade beat AJ...must be AJ's first defeat since the 2002 World Cup (where Anier Garcia ran a stunning 13.10s into a -2.2m/s headwind to win by about 3 metres)...not a very fast time, but it is still early in the season...

Torri Edwards claimed a solid sprint double (11.12s and 22.66s in the 100m and 200m events respectively)

IAAF.org Report:

http://www.iaaf.org/GP04/news/Kind=2/newsId=24977.html
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I was a fraid of when I saw the result of Mo's first race ... He is obviously in shape ... And is still capable of running fast ... I just wonder how much/often he can race AND if his body will be able to handle full rounds ???

He can still obviously run sub 10, but can he do so after rounds without having his body give out on him - a la Worlds last year ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: