Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
How Much do Plyometric Exercises really help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stodle3
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: How Much do Plyometric Exercises really help? Reply with quote

I've heard a lot about plyometrics and jump training, and how they were used by eastern european nations to win races and stuff like that. But I've combed the net trying to find concrete evidence that supports plyometrics, and come up with lots of theory an muscle physiology babble, but no RESULTS. Does anybody here have any results they could share on how plyometrics improve sprint times?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt you'll find an answer to that question anywhere. It's near impossible to do a clinical, long term experiment on a large pool of athletes that can factually say one way or the other. Instead, you'll get from feedback from people who either feel plyos have or have not helped, and not much other than gut instinct to support it.

Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Sigh<, that's what I thought. I've been hard pressed to find anything bad about plyometrics, though. And the anti-plyo sites tend to be like, "Well, we don't have absolutely definitive proof, so there's no way it could work. Plus, jumping is really dangerous."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: