Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
200m 2003

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: 200m 2003 Reply with quote

I didn't want to mention anymore 200m news on the 100m 2003 subject because Justin will tell me off! Laughing
So I'm gonna let the 200m have it's own space. It deserves it!!!

20.03s for the Japenese or Chinese guy who's name or nationality I cannot remember!!!

Check it out:
http://www.tilastopaja.com/results/results.asp?CID=7925322&Season=2003

Hey I've just realised that's the World leading mark for the Men's 200m in 2003.I wonder what Mo's answer to that race is when he races tomorrow or is it today??? We'll have to wait and see.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also would have won many of the majors the past 2-3 years...

Dan
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's a point. It would of won the Sydney OG 2000(Kenderis 20.09s) and the Edmonton WCh 2001(Kenderis 20.04s, 20.03s in the Semi-Final) That's quite interesting. Let's see how his performance's panel out for the rest of the season...
Justin
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee hee! Quite right!

Actually there's been very little interesting to say about 200m for...well, several seasons. Shingo Suetsugu looks a real force - 10.03 and 20.03 is waaayyy up there.

Mo Greene only managed 20.43. Result:

1 JJ JOHNSON USA 20.26
2 John CAPEL USA 20.42
3 Maurice GREENE USA 20.43
4 Shawn CRAWFORD USA 20.47
5 Ramon CLAY USA 20.56
6 Mickey GRIMES USA 20.67
7 Kaaron CONWRIGHT USA 21.07

Wind was 1.0. Not an especially impressive race considering that at least the first 4 must be harbouring WC medal aspirations. JJ looks to be emerging as the main US threat over 200m.

For me the headline 200m of the year is 20.25 by 16yr old Usain Bolt. There have been some other good runs by youngsters too - 20.29 by Brendan Christian (b.1983), 20.37 by Leo Bookman (b.1982), 20.40 by Erick Wilson. Add to them 3 Brazilians at 20.30 or faster, Sherwin Vries at 20.20, Frankie at 20.25 and Morne Nagel at 20.37 and the 200m is becoming as open and international an event as there is.

Justin
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems as if Mo is training through the meetings as many keep saying which means by August he'll be 100% fit and ready for some groundbreaking times... In the 100m. I believe this strategy of training through meetings is great for Mo's 100m, but not so great for his 200m.
I wonder what Michael Johnson has to say about Mo's 200m this weekend???
He seems to very quiet lately. Maybe Mo's 9.94s has MJ in a twirl...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoSlow,he he he ha ha ha, be a has been!!!! MoSlow 100m 9.94 converted
for wind/altitute be over 10.0, he he he ha ha ha!!!! MoSlow be a has been!!!
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday's race was very strange ... NO one looked "fast" or "quick" ... Crawford was out fastest but broke down in the stretch ... Greene and Capel looked very sluggish on the turn ... Johnson won more by bulling his way past the others down the stretch ... I kept waiting for Greene and Capel to "explode" but it never happened ... Greene still looks "heavy", but muscularly so ... If he is training through these meets he will not make the US team in the 200 ...

Right now US trials will be a crap shoot ... No one seems ready to emerge ... It's almost as if everyone is gearing towards Paris with the hope that they can make the team ... I expect this to be the slowest Nationals in some time ... And at this rate one or two collegians will sneak onto the team ...

Shingo is the real deal and right now I rate him the top sprinter in the world ... The others will have to catch up to him ... And if he improves slightly he will medal in at least one event this year ... And THAT will change the paradyme of the sprints ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
MoSlow,he he he ha ha ha, be a has been!!!! MoSlow 100m 9.94 converted for wind/altitute be over 10.0, he he he ha ha ha!!!! MoSlow be a has been!!!

Look here nugget, I already deleted your earlier post and will do the same with any other such nonsense you keep on posting. Your IP address(es) will also be blocked, so either grow up and post something worth reading or find somewhere else that welcomes your rubbish.

Dan
Indeurr
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

____Any predictions for both 200 m?
____I read that Usain Bolt is out, is that true?
____The Poles must be in good shape, since they are playing injured, and slowed-down and/or stopped running just before the champs.
____When it comes to the 200 m, my dream final would be between Shawn Crawford, John Capel - (Will he flinch?), Kostas Kenteris, and Maurice Green in the top shape, but dreams never/cannot come true.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0RcWYMwXU
one hand clapping
Kishan Gill
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The japanese runner ran a good controlled 20.48 to win his round. He could cause a surprise and get in the medals. Darren campbell looked comfortable in his semi, in fact he looks better than his teamates malcolm and golding, he seem to have the momentum.
Overall, patton is looking like gold, winning his round in 20.27 switching off around 30 meters from the finishline.
I have doubts about J J johnson, looked to struggle in qualifying in third place .
No coment on capel as I missed his race.
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been touting Patton and Capel all season ... Sounds like they are ready to do something big ... Johnson is an enigma ... Lots of potential but extremely inconsistent ... He could win, barely slip into the finals, or get eliminjated in the next round ... You never know ... I also like Shingo ... Seems to be a good sprinter ... I tab him as a finalist ..
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patton and Capel establish themselves as favorites in the semis, while JJ Johnson remains the enigma and Frankie proves me wrong (yeah!!).

On the women's side, Kelli White puts the hurt on the rest of the field and the Russian narrowly averts another 1-2 finish by White and Edwards. Would sure have been interesting to see how those two stack up against Marion this year...

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckland, Capel, Patton, and Shingo are the favorites going into that final ... They were clearly the best ... As a matter of fact Patton and Buckland are smoooooooth ... Frankie made the final but he's got his work cut out for him !!!
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patton did look both smooth and easy in that Semi-final whilst ruuning a PR of 20.03s. I must admit that I didn't think that Buckland had anything left after that 20.06s in his Quarter-final, but he did prove me wrong.
And now he is amognst the favoruties for not just a medal, but the coveted Gold medal going into tonight's 200m final.
I will post startlists and lane draws for the final in a minute, once I find the IAAF Results by events page.
By the way have any of you guy's computers been possessed by the 'Worm' virus that keeps going around. My computer has gone nutty for the past week, but seems to be calming down as the virus passes on.

And don't worry Dan, I haven't brought it with me! LOL!!!

By the way when does Justin get back??? As I can't wait for the news and how the atmosphere was in Paris from his point of view.
Kishan Gill
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't look like an easy ride for the americans. Buckland, campbell and the japanese runner ( I will eventually remember how to spell his name.) will have something to say about it.

Buckland looks the man of the moment!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: