Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Distance Den
Geb

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Geb Reply with quote

Check out the Feature Story in today's Runner's World online for a great article on Geb's recent world-record setting race day routine. Really got my juices flowing just like I was the one preparing to spike up!

Dan
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day for Ethiopia, decent day for Geb:

http://www.iaaf.org/gp03/results/eventCode=2995/gender=M/discipline=10K/roundCode=f/index.html

Dan
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you catch this thread scrolling down the Runner's World links?? nice story of Symmonds. Also good HS State meet in Eugene. I was there.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/105438211457350.xml
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't noticed that, thanks for the link. This could be the most awkwardly worded paragraph I've ever seen:

Quote:
In the 1,500, Sullivan said, a graduate of Bishop Kelly (Idaho) High School beat a senior who had won the individual cross country last fall, and the indoor mile and the 5,000 meters the previous year. In the 800, Symmonds was facing the two-time defending champion, plus a senior.

Surprised

I looked over results from the state meet. Looks like there were some great events. How 'bout that Skipper kid! Thumbs Up

Off topic: I just learned this evening that one of my next door neighbors' kids played summer ball for the Blazers last year and will be trying out for a few clubs again this summer. I think I'll polish up my game a bit and then challenge him to some one on one... He's got a few inches on me. Neutral

Dan
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Chapa was awesome. Two PR's!! I noticed that awkward sentence myself when I saw the wrapup in the paper Sunday. I guess Bishop Kelly took it on the chin in that statement!! Neutral
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see if I can re-word it to what it was really supposed to say...

Quote:
In the 1,500, Sullivan said, Symmonds, a graduate of Bishop Kelly High School (Idaho) beat a senior (Bak) who had won the individual cross country title last fall, as well as the indoor mile and the 5,000 meters the previous year. In the 800, Symmonds was facing the two-time defending champion (Groose), also a senior.

Chapa, Rupp, McGrath -- excellent performances by all.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Distance Den All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: