Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
60m Indoor 2003

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, props to you for calling the injury right after the meet. Thumbs Up I haven't seen anything from the meet, so I can't confirm or second guess what your eyes saw as far as how obvious it might have been... I've been critiqued in the past on the t-and-f list for various cases (Butch Reynolds is one that comes to mind; was it the trials or Oly rounds in '96?) where an athlete pulled up with a supposed injury and my intuition (i.e. past injury experience) told me it was being "faked," only to have it be said a day or two later that it wasn't really an injury after all...

Hmm, I'm not sure where I'm going with that, but yes, Mo should get healthy before trying to re-establish himself.

Dan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think he has gotten caught up in trying ot please the people ... So he runs too much ... And he runs when he shouldn't ... As far as what I saw I have a pretty good eye for things technical ... I can watch most sprinters and tell you pretty much what happened during their run ... Even before the replays occur ... I saw a lack of lift and extension from that leg ... And recognized the "pulling" behind that knee/leg area ... Wink
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierrejean wrote:

Which 6.92 for Privalova is that analyse? She ran it twice. My second question is how did you found those splits, did you use marks on the track? I completely disagree Privalova would have run 0.91-0.93 10m section 50-60m is she hadn't slowed-down, it's in contradiction with all the analysis i've read or done myself about Privalova's races throughout her career.

I doubt also Jones did 0.92 in the 50-60m section of her 6.95. Also, where did you found 49HZ coverage for that race?

The race in which I took Privalova's 10m Splits from was Madrid on 11.02.93 which I believe was the first time that she ran 6.92s for the Women's Indoor 60m World Record. And yes I did use the marks on the track in Madrid. About Privalova running 0.91-0.93s for the Last 10m if she didn't slow down,I now myself disagree with that statement as it is a contradiction form the Video in which I took the Splits from.

As for the Video in which I took Marion Jones' Split Times from,it was on a TV Programme which showed the History of the Track and Field Indoor Season.It showed MO Greene's 60m WIR from Madrid in '98,Colin Jackson's 60mh WIR,Privalova's WIR for 60m(Where I got my analysis from),Privalova's EIR for 200m and Marion Jones' 60m PR and National record equalling performance
Unfortunately I only started to tape the prgramme on my VCR,from Privalova's 60m WIR from Madrid 11.02.93 until it finished.There was some other footage on there of other various WIRs,I'll check it tonight to see what I have. I'm gonna shoot myself for not taping Colins' WIR.
Oh well!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
X King
pierrejean
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thank you for the explanations. How did you know the race was shown at 49HZ?
I have an other question: i see somewhere that you posted individual times for 4x200m relay European Record by GDR female team in 1980. Can you give them again, and your source? thanks
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierrejean wrote:
Ok thank you for the explanations. How did you know the race was shown at 49HZ?
I have an other question: i see somewhere that you posted individual times for 4x200m relay European Record by GDR female team in 1980. Can you give them again, and your source? thanks

I know that the race was shown at 49Hz because I counted the Frames/s when I went back to view the race and to take the Splits of that race.

In regards to your question about the Women's 4x200m Relay European Record set by the GDR Team in 1980, I posted the Splits to the IAAF Forums on the IAAF Lounge Forum.I think it has disappeared though due to more posts pushing it to the bottom,and eventually off of the Forums page. I shall post them later as I haven't got the Splits with me at the moment. But the Soruce that I found those Splits from was a Webpage which listed All-Time Performances,much like Peter Larsson's Algonet Website,but it included both Men and Women's All-Time 4x200m Relays. And next to their times,it also showed the Split of the Leg,if it was taken of course. But when I e-mailed the person who set up the Site to say where they had obtained from,they became very suspicous and within a month the Webpage was no longer available. If the person who set up the page is reading this I am Very sorry,and didn't mean to discredit you,I was just asking a question!! Crying or Very sad But as soon as that happened I realised that the Data was un-reliable due to Very shifty behaviour. So I looked through my Cousin's Track and Field Videos of meetings,OGs,WChs and all.And lucky me,I found the Video of the Women's European Record for the 4x200m Relay.I took Splits for the Women in that race. And I also took Splits of Santa Monica Track Club's 1m:18.68s World Record in MSR in Walnut 1994,from a TV programme on the History of the 100m Sprint.And it showed a Bio of Carl Lewis and it showed his finest moments.And the 4x200m Realy World record happened to be on there!! Lucky me!!:supergrin: and I also have many other Splits of Men's and Women's 4x200m Relays,I took from the Videos in which my Cousin had taped or recorded. As I said before I shall post them when I have my data in my 'hands'. Very Happy

Last edited by X King on Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my collection of both Men's and Women's 4x200m Relay data.
Men's Best Relay Legs for a 4x2 Relay
4x2:
1st Leg,M.Marsh(USA) 20.06s,MSR Walnut 1994
2nd Leg,L.Burrell(USA) 19.63s MSR Walnut 1994
3rd Leg,F.Heard(USA) 19.59s MSR Walnut 1994
4th Leg,M.Johnson(USA) 18.5s,TexR Austin 1990
Note:The 4th Leg Split of MJ was listed in the 'Career of Michael Johnson' section in the Athletics 2002 Book,edited by Peter Matthews.
Total: 1m:17.78s
Women's Best Relay Legs for a 4x2 Relay
4x2:
1st Leg,L.Jenkins(USA) 22.13s,PennR 2000
2nd Leg,R.Muller(GDR) 21.62s Jena 1980
3rd Leg,C.Gaines(USA) 21.43s PennR 1997
4th Leg,M.Jones(USA) 20.80s PennR 2000
Note:The 4th leg Split for Marion Jones was listed in an Issue of Athletics Weekly a fortnight after the Record was made.
Total: 1m:25.98s

Splits of Women's 4x200m Relay World Record
PennR 2000. Note:These Splits were taken from a 42Hz Video recorded by my cousin on his vacation.So they might seem a bit slow compared to Splits that you might think the person might of run,if you catch my drift! Very Happy
1st Leg,L.Jenkins(USA) 22.13s
2nd Leg,Colander-Richardson(USA) 22.59s(Suspicously Slow Split)
3rd Leg,N.Perry(USA) 21.94s
4th Leg,M.Jones(USA) 20.8s
Total:1m:27.46s(NWR)

Splits of Women's ex-World Record and current European Record
Jena 1980.Note:These Splits were taken from a 38HZ Video recorded again by cousin when he was at this meet in Jena 1980.
GDR Team,1m:28.15s(EuroR)
1st Leg,M.Gohr(GDR) 22.96s(Suspicously Slow Split)
2nd Leg,R.Muller(GDR) 21.62s
3rd Leg,B.Wockel(GDR) 21.99s(Quite Slow)
4th Leg,M.Koch(GDR) 21.58s
Total:1m:28.15s(EuroR)

British All-Time Relay Legs for a Men's 4x200m Relay
4x2:
1st Leg,M.Adam 20.38s ??? I've read this Split on a Forum,and as I haven't got any Faster 1st leg Splits for a Male Briton,I had to include it to the list!
2nd Leg,A.Mafe 19.99s Birmingham 1989
3rd Leg,L.Christie 19.89s Birmingham 1989
4th Leg,J.Regis 19.53s MSR Walnut 1994
Total: 1m:19.79s

Splits for each Leg of the Men's 4x200m World Record setting team. I also took the Splits for the World All-Stars team who happened to finish Second on that day,also finishing inside the Ex-World Record.
These Splits are taken from a TV show on the History of the 100m Sprint.It showed a Bio on Carl Lewis and it then went on to show his Best moments.And it happened to show the Santa Moinca Track club setting the 4x200m Men's World Record. Lucky me!!!Laughing
Santa Monica Track Club
1m:18.68s(NWR) MSR Walnut 1994
The Splits of both Teams are taken from a 47Hz tape.I know that the race was shown at this Hz,because when I went back to view the tape and to take the Splits of the team members I counted the Frames/s.
1st Leg,M.Marsh(USA) 20.06s
2nd Leg,L.Burrell(USA) 19.63s
3rd Leg,F.Heard(USA) 19.59s
4th Leg,C.Lewis(USA) 19.40s
Total:1m:18.68s(NWR)

World All-Stars Team
2nd Place,1m:19.10s MSR Walnut 1994
1st Leg,J.Drummond(USA) 20.09s
2nd Leg,D.Mitchell(USA) 19.84s
3rd Leg,Bridgewater(USA) 19.64s (Cannot remember his first name!!)
4th Leg,J.Regis(GBR) 19.53s
Total:1m:19.10s(Second Best All-Time mark)

So that concludes my Lists of 4x200m Relay data from a mixture of Hz Video-Tapes and Literature.
Do you have any data PJ??? I'm sure you do,if you do could we see it???
Please!!! :supergrin:
I do have some 4x2 and 4x4 Splits of Michael Johnson.They are listed in the Athletics 2002 Book,which has been called the 'Bible' of Track and Field Athletics!! I strongly believe that statement!! It is a great book for any Track and Field enthusiast. I have some 4x1 Splits of MJ,but I don't know if they are reliable enough.I'll check into it and see what I get. The 4x2 Splits and 4x4 Splits from that book are good.I shall post them and we can evaluate.
Later :supergrin:
Justin
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to come across as topic-cop, but the title of this thread is "60m Indoor 2003". By no stretch can all-time outdoor 4x200m splits be construed as relevant! Interesting, for sure, so much so that it deserves its own thread.

Back to the main topic, a pair of 6.49s for Gardener in Birmingham on Friday and he was unpressed. He looked extremely impressive, really world class. He will be the main rival to whichever two Americans qualify (at least one sub 6.50 American is going to be left at home; how long do we have to wait for nationality-free world champs so all the best can compete?)

Leonard Myles-Mills also ran 6.49 on Friday, albeit at altitude. Awaiting Lievin results as I write.

Justin
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lievin 60
1. Coby Miller 6.53
2. Jason Gardener 6.54
3. Ramon Clay 6.56

Potential preview of worlds ??? Although I'm not sure Clay can make US team ... But he has been running quite well ... He is going to be tough over 200 I think ... Gardener is consistent as is Miller ... I would guess Capel possibly on the US team ... Should be interesting ...

On the women's side, P-Block was beaten in Lievin by Hurtis 7.09 to 7.12 ... Hurtis could be emerging this year ..
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
I hate to come across as topic-cop, but the title of this thread is "60m Indoor 2003". By no stretch can all-time outdoor 4x200m splits be construed as relevant! Interesting, for sure, so much so that it deserves its own thread.

Back to the main topic, a pair of 6.49s for Gardener in Birmingham on Friday and he was unpressed. He looked extremely impressive, really world class. He will be the main rival to whichever two Americans qualify (at least one sub 6.50 American is going to be left at home; how long do we have to wait for nationality-free world champs so all the best can compete?)

Leonard Myles-Mills also ran 6.49 on Friday, albeit at altitude. Awaiting Lievin results as I write.

Justin

Sorry about the 4x200m dicussion Justin.
As for Jason,I think he will do very well in the WIC Men's 60m Final.
Go Jason!! Very Happy
Justin
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

US Champs:

6.45 Justin Gatlin
6.48 Terrence Trammell
6.49 John Capel
6.54 Jason Smoots
6.55 Mickey Grimes
6.58 Marcus Brunson
6.67 Coby Miller
6.67 Shawn Crawford

Wonderful run from Gatlin. I am getting more and more excited about what this guy might be capable of. He's supposed to be a 200m runner! Poor Capel - 6.49 and doesn't make the team! Still, he should be the main man over 200m. Trammell also ran 7.43 for 2nd in the 60mH, behind an amazing 7.39 from Allen Johnson.

Breaththroughs for Smoots and Grimes, promising much for the 100m. Not sure what happened to Coby Miller, 6.49 this year. The US leaves two sub 6.50 runners at home.

In the UK Mark Lewis-Francis beat Dwain Chambers, 6.58 to 6.59, to win the UK champs. The winner of the trials is guaranteed selection, the second place is at the discretion of the selectors. Gardener didn't run, rightly figuring he had nothing to prove. So he and MLF will run in the WiC.

I think Gattlin, Trammell and Gardener will share the medals. In what order I don't know. MLF is a big-race runner and Birmingham is his home town so he can't be written off, but his form doesn't look quite sharp enough. Others? Perhaps Deji Aliu, but Gardener, Trammell and Gatlin look the class of this indoor season. Very exciting.

Justin
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're right on the medallists ... My only question is if Trammell will try to double as opposed to focusing on the hurdles and trying to get a gold ... If he does that then Capel is back in the mix ...

I was not surprised at Coby Miller ... His technique is much to shaky and he is far too inconsistent ... I don't see anyone else barging in on the top 3 !!!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Conway's thought that Trammell may well run just the hurdles at Worlds.

Dan
PELLMELL
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: 60 meters. Reply with quote

Is it just me or does anyone else think 65 yards is a dumb distance to compete at. Whats wrong with 55 meters 60 yards makes more sense to me, but maybe im just old fashioned, or just plain old.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you see 65 yards? :question:

Dan
PELLMELL
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
Where did you see 65 yards? :question:

Dan

I believe 60 meters comes out to 65 yards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: