Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
Charlie Francis

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be surprised if it was simply a temporary change of scenery, given Marion's comments about leaving Graham (unless those were fabricated like the rest of the story seems to be).

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I had mentioned some of this before, but I will mention again ... And all from reliable sources which must remain nameless... But a thorough search of the net will provide a lot of it ...

first off Trevor has been a front from the beginning ... TM joined the group to get what she had ... Jones came back to the sport because her shot putter friend let her know about his sources (later her husband) ... Why elses would a young aspiring (with potential) female sprinter join a no name group ???

TM goes and no questions are asked becasue Jones has already performed ... Gatlin joining them put everything in disarray ... TM wanted exclusivity and couldn't get it ... The promise being GAtlin was going ot focus on 200 ... Not good enough ... So in order to be "focused on" they had to leave ...

For the media to come out and tell that story is to open up Pandora's box ... And no one is yet that ambitious .. As I keep saying too much to lose by too many ... Francis has already lost his and is not afraid ....

As for Ben ... His mistake was going straight to the doctor after his hamstring injury ... Although that really didn't hurt him as he never tested for anything he took !!!!! What was busted for was never in his system .... That takes us to a whole different story ....
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rumor you shared with me earlier this year was that Graham was a front for some European coach, but it's looking more like Francis may have been involved in more than just Tim's development the past few years. Would you agree? Francis is the only coach I know of with a controversial enough reputation to require a front... Maybe some ex-East German National coaches could be included in that group?

I have a hard time figuring out who exactly the exclusivity desire refers to, given that we don't even know who the actual coach is!

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that was what was shared earlier ... Have found since then that he is front for let's say training ideas of others ....

Tim started using him/them after his 2000 failures ... Sort of following in the footsteps of another promisng sprinter following his 96 failure ... Wink ...

I believe exclusivity refers to "the system" more than anything ... Like going direct changes anything ?!?!? Better to have access and anonymity than sole access if you ask me ... Since there can never truly be sole access !!!! My guess is CF is available for the right price ... Just as anyone else would be ... Why limit or cap yourself ??? Not smart business wise ... Unless you were going to cap yourslef with someone like Bill Gates with tremendously deep pockets ... Otherwise let your services be available .....
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And on a related note, from another site:

###
Well, as the person who broke MJ and TM being together as well as other significant stories in 2002, it's only fitting that I bring a big one to start the new year right. My info says that the NAMES, that were withheld for quite a long time, of the Americans that failed drug tests and were allowed to run in Syndey WILL BE ANNOUNCED, THIS MONTH.... I can't wait.....
###

Hmmmm ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh-oh, that's not what we need... Does USATF think the furry mascot will take people's attention away from this latest black eye?? I guess all we can do is sit back and let the sport's adminstrators prove once again why drug testing is a farce that can do no good whatsoever... :t-:

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think that they may publish a list ... But I don't think it will be THE list ... If rumors are correct THE list would have double MJs on it ... Of course with one retired and the other cavorting with a known drug expert who knows ??? Will be very interesting ... Hey could be like athletes who used to pay someone to donate a sample !!! Could have donated names ... Wink
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
###
Well, as the person who broke MJ and TM being together as well as other significant stories in 2002, it's only fitting that I bring a big one to start the new year right. My info says that the NAMES, that were withheld for quite a long time, of the Americans that failed drug tests and were allowed to run in Syndey WILL BE ANNOUNCED, THIS MONTH.... I can't wait.....
###

Looks like that one didn't quite pan out...

Quote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, January 10, 2003

USATF statement on CAS arbitration decision

INIDIANAPOLIS - The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) today issued its decision on a dispute between the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and USA Track & Field (USATF).

USATF thanks the Court of Arbitration for Sport for its hard work and careful consideration of this complex issue. Both IAAF and USATF agree that the CAS decision is final and binding. It ends the dispute between us, and we expect that the world of sport also will respect the authority of CAS, the ultimate international arbiter of such disputes. USATF looks forward to continuing to work together with the IAAF to pursue our mutual goal of growing and promoting the sport of track and field worldwide.

Last year, the IAAF and USATF referred to CAS their dispute regarding the disclosure of certain domestic anti-doping information. After reviewing extensive legal briefs and exhibits filed by both sides, CAS held a two-day hearing in November, 2002, before issuing its decision today.

The crux of the dispute was that the parties disagreed about whether IAAF rules required disclosure of information regarding domestic drug tests where no doping violation was found. The IAAF maintained that its rules required such disclosure. USATF maintained that disclosure was not required and that USATF’s own anti-doping regulations prevented such disclosure. USATF also maintained that the IAAF never informed USATF that USATF’s confidentiality policies violated IAAF rules.

The parties asked CAS to resolve this disagreement. In the CAS proceedings, the IAAF sought information dating from 1996 to 2000 on all domestic U.S. cases where an IOC-accredited laboratory reported an “A” sample positive, but the athlete was not convicted of a doping violation due to laboratory error, “B” sample not confirming the “A,” a finding by an independent medical authority, or acquittal).

CAS ruled that although USATF was erroneous in its interpretation of IAAF reporting rules, USATF had regularly informed the IAAF of its confidentiality policies during the period in question, and the IAAF had not responded when asked if USATF policies were in conflict with IAAF rules. Therefore, CAS ruled, USATF reasonably assumed its policies were permitted under IAAF rules and that U.S. athletes had and continue to have a justified expectation of privacy and confidentiality. CAS therefore ruled that information on those cases will remain confidential.

Since October, 2000, the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has had delegated to it all responsibility for doping controls and related disciplinary proceedings in domestic U.S. cases. Furthermore, IAAF, USADA and USATF rules are now in agreement on disclosure and confidentiality matters.

The full text of the decision may be found in the “Case Law” section of the CAS Web site, www.tas-cas.org

# # #

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ... I saw that ... Its being talked about in several places ... General feeling is that too many major names and big money involved ... That this is an "easy way" to keep the list suppressed !!!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One report said USATF spent in the neighborhood of $1 million on its defense. That's a pretty big drop in the bucket for an organization claiming to bring in $13 million a year... I sure hope they've got a clear picture of how it's worth it.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well could you imagine the lawsuits of big name high profile athletes if named ????
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. It never made much sense to me why the national federations even go to court to fight those battles. Why not just pass the buck to the IAAF? It's their rules, let them back it.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly ... And the IAAF does NOT want to damage the big money meets ... Which means it can't damage the big money athletes ... Which is the biggest reason why the "drug testing sham" is so ludicous in the first place !!!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, as you like to point out, there's no clear goal of what they're trying to accomplish. Talk about fear of success... Sad

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think they want people to think they are doing something .... Just that no one knows what they're doing ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: