Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
2012 Olympic Games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 5:35 am    Post subject: 2012 Olympic Games Reply with quote

What country would you guys like to see it go to??
I would love it to come to Britain(being British myself),but the chances are slim due to money problems.Well what would you guys like to see it go to??
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the poorer the country the better. The Olympics have gotten way too big for their own good, to the point of hardly being entertaining in my mind. I'd rather see them held in some poverty-stricken, economically challenged country where, just maybe, the organizers would feel a tad guilty ponying up millions for opening ceremonies too cheesy to even be held at a high school dance team tryout...

It is about the competition, right???

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is about the competition, but a high school stadium ceremony is a little too poor ...

I would like to see them distributed better however ... I would like to see somewhere like Rio deJanerio or somewhere in South America ... Is a beautiful part of the world that is oft forgotten ... They are too oft held in Europe ... Unless you went somewhere like Austria perhaps ... Maybe an African locale in the future ... Like maybe Egypt ... I look for history and beauty .... Oppotunities to showcase the world ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a high school stadium ceremony is a little too poor ...

Ok, but couldn't something like a medium-sized Bowl game (US football) ceremony and hype add to the event without bankrupting the hosting city and making a joke of the event?

I agree about showcasing different areas of the world. If the money making spectacle side of the Olympics could be relaxed a bit, those countries you named would be much more likely to apply and be seriously considered...

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bowl game type ceremony would seem appropriate ... I picked the cities I did because the Olympics should be a world event ... Not a European/American event ... There is enough of that during the off years ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: