FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
Best places to run

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DinaC
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Best places to run Reply with quote

Whether it’s your favorite trail at dawn, along the Great Wall of China, or a local loop out your back door, runners know thousands of epic places and (epic races) to run like an animal. We want to know where you run wild.

Join SaveRun.org (http://saverun.org) and submit your entry for a chance to be featured in our “Places to Run Before You Die” e-book. You’ll be entered to win a drawing for some great prizes, too, like $500 worth of gear from Pearl Izumi.

Submit an essay of 100 words or fewer plus a photograph or one-minute video. You choose how to best express the wonders of the run.

Visit the Places to Run Before You Die contest forum (http://runpreservation.ning.com/forum) for more details or to enter. Hurry. All entries must be received by Oct. 31, 2008. Be sure to tell your friends.
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Indeurr
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. The Box in JMRC Hohenfels in Bavaria/Bayern, Germany. They do hold an annual 10--mile race and it does include a small mountain known as Hoover's Damm (to run up the slope to the top, it does take about 3 minutes and it is about 30* or 1/3 of a straight angle; it must be at least 400 m long).
2. (Very slowly, they are trying to make it perfect; very slowly, tough), the WeeQuaHic Lake Park in Newark, NJ, Jogger's Path: 2.2 miles with metric and mile marks and with artificial surface looping around the very lake (the lake used to stink and was full of garbage; it is far from being great, but the garbage for the major part was removed and the stench is gone -- they are trying to spend virtually no money by fixing the area over a period of 10 or 20 years, so annual expenses are a pocket change in the budget of the cities of Newark and Irvington as well of the Essex county).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0RcWYMwXU
one hand clapping
ssteve235
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newark, new jersey?
DinaC
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Best Places to Run Reply with quote

Hey all! Just wanted to let you know that the "Best Places to Run Before You Die" eBook is up on http://saverun.org. There are some great suggestions for runs and races in there e.g. Saratoga Battlefield, NY and Tybee Island, GA. Check it out. Let us know what you think!
AM_Runner
All-Star
All-Star

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm sounds pretty cool I have a few that I should add in there for sure

Hayward Field... run there but need to get in a race there some day...

Japan - around the Emperors Palace
Chicago - Along the lake there Lincoln Park up to Grant Park and jeez everwhere around it...
New York - Central Park
London - Hyde Park - around Parliament and all
California - Montagne de Oro, Muir Woods, Embarcadero through Fishermans Warf, the Presidio and up to the GG Bridge
Boston - run the Patriots Trail.

those are just off the top fo my head
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have thought to add Hayward Field as "a place to run," but it makes perfect sense now that you mention it and should probably be made bold!

Dan
AM_Runner
All-Star
All-Star

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree

HAYWARD FIELD
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better. Smile

Dan
AM_Runner
All-Star
All-Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way here is one reason I hat treadmills...

This was my run a few weeks ago just got it posted yesterday

http://twitpic.com/2dhs5
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Print that photo and place it in front of your treadmill ... problem solved!

Of course, I have a Pre photo in front of my treadmill and I still don't much care for running inside... Neutral

Dan

p.s. Appropriate timing of the bump to this thread; we were just down at Hayward Field on Saturday for the Oregon Preview.
AM_Runner
All-Star
All-Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I dont think that will work... Basically about the only thing I could think of is a big HD screen with surround sound and "Sunrise Earth" might do it...

How was it?

Looking forward to seeing (hopefully) a bit more footage of Rupp at NCAA indoors tonight.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day, good meet. Lousy weather before and after the meet (*), even pouring rain on the drive down and back, but fairly nice throughout. We had three athletes run and two of them PR'd (including a big 1.03 seconds in the 800), with the 3rd running his 2nd best time ever and being closest to his seed time of anyone in the race.

(*) The following Monday's workout had 20-30 mph winds and a 32 degree windchill. That's been pretty typical for most of our workouts and early season races. Sad

Dan
AM_Runner
All-Star
All-Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking forward to see how my girls do this spring and see what I have going forward... Just too many meets IMO but there is nothing I can do about it. so its just kind of figure out a plan that works best for it.

Thats nice I still want to get out there for a race my wife hinted she may consider adding it in as a Birthday present but they still have the dates for last years all comers meets up...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The All Comer's dates usually don't get posted until late in the season, but expect them to be pretty much the same from year to year, except when affected by things like the Trials. Basically, they're every Thursday in July, plus late June and early August (if memory serves).

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: