Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
iphone/ipod intervals app: beta testers needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ransomweaver
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: iphone/ipod intervals app: beta testers needed Reply with quote

Announcing iphone app public beta:

I'm making available for testing an iphone/ipod touch app I'm developing for intervals-based training. Check it out here:
http://imobileintervals.com. (including video demo)

Basically the app does this:
Access public or personal workouts on the imobileintervals.com server
Load desired workouts to phone for use even without a network connection
"Speaks" the intervals to you for hands and eyes free use.
Optional use of tones instead of voice
Optional progress cues e.g. "two minutes remaining", "halfway"
You can exit the app and return and it will remember your point in the abandoned workout
Integrated music player using ipod music library
"Ducks" music player volume to play audio cues
Per-intensity-level music collections (can be set to change music with new interval of different intensity).

Registration on imobileintervals.com is free (as is the app in this testing phase). Register to create your own custom workouts. Make them public to all app users if you want.

Becoming a tester:
I need your UDID (unique device ID) in order to add you to the provisioning profile for the app. The easiest way to do this is to open the App Store app on your device and search for "Ad Hoc Helper". Install this free app and when you launch this app it will open an email in the Mail app with the UDID in the email body. Send this email to me at ransomweaver@gmail.com.

I'm going to collect UDIDs for about a week, at which point I'll make a build of the app with the UDIDs I received and email it out to everyone. You will receive two files: a mobileprovisioning file and the app itself (~600kb). You use itunes to install the app to your device. I'll give more instructions when I send that out.

Ransom Weaver
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: