Back to Regular Page

Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
Sub-Par 100m?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 5:48 am    Post subject: Sub-Par 100m? Reply with quote

I am a 14 yr old 100 m sprinter, and yet my times seem to be sub-par. I am not yet in high school, and I dont train, but I was wondering if 12.4 is normal for a 13-14 yr old. Thanks a bunch.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't sound particularly sub-par, but more importantly, if you don't train, why do you even care how your times measure up? Confused

Dan

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning to run and train seriously in high school, so I wanted to know. Thanks for responding.
Justin
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to this, but the answer is simple.

Do you enjoy sprinting? If so, don't worry about 'sub-par' or whatever, just run. Try to be the fastest kid in class. Then in school. Then in your county. And so on. Find your level and enjoy the sensation of running fast, competing, improving. Keep sprinting for as long as you enjoy it, whether you win or not, even whether you are any good at it or not. When you stop enjoying it, go do something else.

Good luck.

Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: