Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Open Mic Night
Lunch With the Chief

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:38 am    Post subject: Lunch With the Chief Reply with quote

I was priviledged to have lunch with the Chief (Dan) Wednesday in Salem. It was an enjoyable afternoon. Dan looks fit and he has some great road loops to run on around his home. Cool Some of the hills are so steep I think I got a nosebleed!!

DG, you'll be pleased to know I took him to task and chewed him out good for his Physiology stand. He was unphased, naturally!! Rolling Eyes

Paul
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Some of the hills are so steep I think I got a nosebleed!!

And that was in the car! Smile

Between Paul and Adam's renewed posting vigor, I believe DG does have some allies in his corner on the physiology debate...

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allies for DG ??? I'll have ot hone up on my Physiology Thumbs Up

You know what we should look to do is perhaps plan on a Run-Down lunch or dinner around the Olympic Trials or NCAA or omething at some point ... Might be fun .. Wink

Conway
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul and I tossed around a few ideas along those lines. I think everyone agrees it would be fun, just a matter of sorting out the when and the where...

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've probably been in DG's corner most of the time, except for one the discussions between him and Conway, at which I thought DG went over the top. :surprised: I don't recall which topic that was, but both of them knew more about it than I did, so I stayed safely on the sidelines. Surprised

A Run-Down Track and Field tour Cool . That would have to be better than anything Track and Field News organizes. And Micah would be there to make sure we don't get too far out of line!! Justin would keep us well grounded and on track, focused. Sign me up!!

Paul
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only down side to lunch was that it was so healthy Thumbs Up , I was forced to have a chicken pot pie for breakfast today, with a side order of SpaghettiO's. I'll bet you guys saw that one coming!! Surprised Wink :supergrin:

Paul
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakfast of champions...

One thing I must clarify:

Quote:
he has some great road loops to run on around his home. Some of the hills are so steep...

My typical loop(s) only has one significant hill (100-150m) at the start and is mostly flat the rest of the way. The tour I gave Paul was of probably the most extreme hills in Salem, which just happen to be nearby and on the 8 mile run I foolishly tried a few weeks ago...

Dan
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You save the extreme hills for the 90+ degree days. Of course, the SpaghettiO's would help you overcome the fatigue factor. Rolling Eyes Wink :supergrin:

Paul
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnb470 wrote:
A Run-Down Track and Field tour Cool . That would have to be better than anything Track and Field News organizes. And Micah would be there to make sure we don't get too far out of line!! Justin would keep us well grounded and on track, focused. Sign me up!!

Paul

That could be a lot of fun ... I have some friends that every Olympic Trials we get together .. IT turns out to be a lot of fun ... We could definitely do something along those lines ..

Ideally would be some event in Eugene (close to the home of Run Down) ... But in lieu of that there are several events scheduled for Northern California (close relatlively speaking to Eugene) .. NExt year the NCAA Div I champs are in Northern California as are the Trials for the World Championships ... Then in '04 the Olympic TRialas are again in Northern California ... Of course that doesn't preclude selection of some other event to use as a means of gathering - just some ideas ...

Conway
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow to use one of Conway's lines. You miss a day and you really fall behind around here.

I'm all for a Run-Down get together around one of the major championship meets or some other event. My only request is that it's somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. I've never been any closer to that area than Fresno (when I ran in the Footlocker Regional Cross Country Championships in High School). And I'd love a good excuse to go.

wrote:
I've probably been in DG's corner most of the time, except for one the discussions between him and Conway, at which I thought DG went over the top

Me over the top!!! Surprised :surprised: Surprised Nooooo Wink
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thinking was along the line of Conway's (Eugene or NorCal), and I also mentioned to Paul that I'm sure DG would be thrilled by a Northwest trip. Smile

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: