Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
400/800 double

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2000 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much do hills help you and how many times a week should i do them in training for the 400
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2000 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must've missed Jim's post. Sorry. That's quite similar to one of the workouts we did as a good 800m race time predictor: 4x400m with a one lap jog, keeping them consistent should be right around your race pace.

As far as hills, they definitely help. Hills effectively are the same as top-end sprinting but without nearly the wear and tear on the body. I would recommend a good hill workout once a week, maybe even twice a week in the early season.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2000 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

regarding the 400/800 double mentioned earlier-I do that doulbe and workouts that have worked well for me are 8x200 meters with 150 jog recovery 5min rest then 8x200 w/150 jog; 5x600 followed by 10x100 (sprints not strides) also following distance workouts 6x100 sprins are usually done this is all fairly late in the season I may add
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2000 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"8x200 meters with 150 jog recovery 5min rest then 8x200 w/150 jog"

Is that one workout of two sets, or two workouts of one set? I think it's one workout, but just to make sure... What intensity do you do them at?

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: