Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Coaches Corner
Stanford is looking for a coach!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Coaches Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:51 am    Post subject: Stanford is looking for a coach! Reply with quote

I just saw that Stanford is looking for a vertical jumps and multi events coach. Man would that ever be a great job. Working at one of the premier T&F schools in the country (even if it is a distance school and not a big jumps school) and from what I've heard Palo Alto is a beautiful place to live. Oh and by the way. For anyone that wants to get into coaching track and field learn the multi's (heptathlon, decathlon, and pentathlon) having that on your resume will make you about three time more likely to get hired than if you are only experienced in a single area (jumps, throws, sprints, distance, ect)
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the expectations and pressures are for a job like that? A distance position at Stanford would obviously draw close scrutiny. Sprints, probably not much. They've had some solid field eventers, though, so maybe that's an area they care to keep a certain level of performance and prestige?

More importantly, I'm just glad to see a post in The Field House! Thumbs Up

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Coaches Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: