Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Open Mic Night
Running directory changes coming ... gradually

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:25 am    Post subject: Running directory changes coming ... gradually Reply with quote

If you frequent the running links directory, you may have already noticed a shift in approach the past few days. Up until very recently, my goal has been to have a link to every collegiate Cross Country and Track & Field web site in the country. Having [mostly] completed updating several hundred of them, I've decided this is no longer appropriate and am now linking to just the main athletics site for each school. This should reduce the number of changes necessary down the road, as it's the sub-pages that tend to change most often (splitting indoor and outdoor, pages changing with the year in the URL, combining men's and women's, etc.).

The exception is those few sites where it's actually quite difficult to drill down to the appropriate sub-pages. In those cases, I will leave the individual links in place to help you navigate to what you're looking for.

Right now, I'm only changing to this system for problem links that come to my attention. With 2,000+ college links, tackling them all at once would be a daunting task!! Rolling Eyes

Also, an updated version of the program running the links directory should be in place before too long. I need to sort out a few customizations before I can upgrade it, but it should be pretty nice once ready.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: