Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
US Sprinters looking good

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, why has your system nicknamed me "water boy"?

Justin
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But let me guess...Christian is really a US football star and just runs for fun?

Come again?

Quote:
Dan, why has your system nicknamed me "water boy"?

See the following thread:

http://run-down.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=670

Smile

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Justin .. Where ya been .. Christian is really a track kid .. Not a Texas footballer .. So he will be giving 100% of his time to track ... No spring football practice .. Or bulking up to make the team ..

And from what I hear Chambers is working out here in California in the East Bay at Hayward ... And for hte trecord I don't dislike him .. juat feel like he is already near his peak ... I personally like Gardner and MLF as the future for the Brits .. But that is just my opinion ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Chambers as having similar physical ability to Bailey, but he doesn't appear to be nearly the same competitor. From what I've seen of the British sprinters, I actually think Chambers has the most potential...

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am going ot go out on an early limb and say that Fredericks will win the Commonwealth 100 followed by Mark Lewis Francis ... I would tab Oba Thomson for 3rd except my understnding is that he is hurt .. So Chambers and Ato will hve ot fight it out for that spot .... Laughing
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, Justin Gatlin has been reinstated.

http://sports.yahoo.com/m/sa/news/ap/20020703/ap-gatlinreinstated.html

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well .. Isn't THAT special ... Now I wonder about his story last summer about not going ot Europe becasue of his studies ...

We'll see if he joins the rest of the guys in Europe now ... If he does it could be a very interesting summer ... He would defininitelly dominate the 200 .. I would be more curious to see how he holds up in the 100 .. That event is beginning to look interesting ... The telling tale will be how Mo looks in Paris with a little "rest" ..
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I heard that story last summer, but it does make it sound like a deal might've been in the works...

I would certainly like to see him join this year's tour. I can't tell you how badly I wanted to select him for my Fantasy roster, but I figured odds were very slim he'd be cleared this summer... Keep your eyes on him next year, he could be the steal of the draft. Wink

Dan
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Ritalin prescribed in some ADS cases?? I am surprised that no one at Tennessee figured what the potential problem could be earlier.
Paul
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Ritalin is the primary drug prescribed for ADS (or is it ADDS?), but I haven't seen that mentioned as the prescription Gatlin was on. All I've seen written is that whatever he took had Amphetamine in it.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to take him too ... But ...

He is on another drug - the name escapes me at the moment ... But it similar to Ritalin .. He has declared the drug in the past (you have to do that when filling out the drug testing forms) so it is not like he was hiding the drug (I have this from a good source) ... The problem is that prior to the positive test it had never come up before and so was NOT an issue or felt that it was ever going to be a problem ... And apparently as a precaution he was not taking the drug during track season (a reason why it had never come up before) ... Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: