Power Lung

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't believe one needs to concentrate on breathing at all - in or out. Just do what comes naturally

That's good advice to someone for whom proper breathing comes naturally, but that's not true for a lot of people... Many runners are very inefficient breathers and don't realize they aren't running relaxed as a result.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for mentioning the relaxed part. I was thinking that, but it didn't all come out right. For some people there is a definite learning curve for proper breathing.

Paul
training2run
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:25 am    Post subject: Breathing = in, out Reply with quote

Eeeee Gads, are we speaking of yoga, running or launching rockets? Rolling Eyes

Perhaps all y'all are correct, and I'm full of it, but whatever you do, do *not* attempt to exhale completely and repeatedly: that residual CO2 serves a purpose.

It is certainly correct that attempting to stay loose (relaxing) is the approach to take - so I guess we agree on one point at least. Mad Dog Mike www.training2run.com
training2run
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:38 pm    Post subject: Lung Blaster!!! Reply with quote

I finally saw one of those Power Lung things. It really does look like a gigantic, Buck Rodgers, Asthma Gizmo.

Has anyone actually used one? If yes, how does it differ from trying to blow up a stiff balloon?

In the ad I saw, the guy using it had grey wavy hair. Is that a side effect Surprised ? Mad Dog Mike www.training2run.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: