Training Talk
Improving my endurance

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjsbossman
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2000 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good amount of miles to start of for you is about 20 miles a week. Make sure that you dont run 2 hard days in a row, take easy and hard days. If you are going to do 20 miles, then your week might be like this. 4,2,4,2,3,5.(MILES a day). Every 2 weeks you can add a totla of 5 miles to be safe, do not increase to fast or you are likey to be injured.

If that sounds like too much, just do 10 miles the first week, or run less days each week. But eventualy, you will want to run 6 days a week.

Running in the morning is the best time to run, cause if you wait later in the day you build excuses and get lazy.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2000 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan and MJS thanks again for your info!!

I am hoping to start at around 20 miles a week. I will also be running with some girls on my cross country team they are going to run everyday at 8:00 am, Monday-Saturday, I really don't know how many miles they will do, I am just going to go along with what they do. They are starting this coming Monday but I am leaving for a Fellowship of Christian Athletes Leadership Camp tomorrow and won't be back until next Friday. So I will just jump in when I get back. Well guys thanks again for your help, you guys are awesome!
Meagan

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Meagan']
training2run
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:01 am    Post subject: Building Endurance Reply with quote

Dan and I differ on this one. I believe in lots of miles at an aerobic pace (just under race pace or about 150 bpm pulse), plus short periods at speed.

One of the writers asked about doing 3 mile repeats - Dan didn't seem to like the idea. I, on the other hand, think it sounds great. I guess that's "what makes the world go around." Mad Dog Mike www.training2run.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: