FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Distance Den
British Golden Jubilee 10K in London

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnadams
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.....I have just entered the UK's biggest summer road race on July 21 2002,that starts near Buckingham Palace and is called "The British Golden Jubilee 10k open Road Race"-a race for 20,000.I believe the world's best middle distance runners are going to be running.I had to pay £15 to enter,(they have a race line in london for entries 0208-758-0044).And I believe a big team is entering to raise funds for the victims of the New york terrorism attacks.They have a web site from last year's race at http://www.british10k.org I was told the course was originally designed to comemorate the life & work of Diana,Princess of Wales.She was a person I liked,(and also use to run around Regents Park in London).....I think the good thing about distances like 10k's is everyone has a chance to run,not just a few.
Best Wishes JA
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a great race. 10K is a good distance. It is long enough to be challenging yet short enough that training for it doesn't become a burden. What is the road racing scene like around London? Lots of runners? Races every weekend?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Freind is going down from Scotland to run in this race.He told me the American Tom Cruise was going to run,(-he was in London with that Spanish woman from his new film last week),& the New York Politician from TV was going to start the race.Of course,he's a very good runner.He does lots of races.But I guess this race will probably be won by someone like that Haille Gabriel man from ethiopia.......Greg.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing this race for Whale conservation myself.Should be fun way to spend the morning !!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and the wife are running this race.We fly into London on the 18th July.One of the good things about this 10K is it starts and finishes in the centre of town.So it's 2 minutes back into Leicester Square,Soho and the West End. Some races it takes a day to travel there,and all night to get back.Thank god this is different.
Hope to see a few famous faces maybe.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good run.Did it last year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Distance Den All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: