Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Health & Nutrition
xenedrene

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
megaman
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody use it and know of any long term effects from it?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it?

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
megaman
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenedreneis a potent ephedrine/caffien/aspirin stack with added ingredients designed to increase the fat burning effect. 2 capsuls= 125 mg citrus aurantum, 335 MaHuang, 910 mg gurana, 105 mg white willow bark, 100 mg acetyl L- Carntine, 80 mg L-Tyrosine, 50 mg ginger root, 40 mg Vitamin B5
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, I would recommend staying away from it. I tried a similar concoction one year when I was having allergy problems (it was mid season by that point and it probably wouldn't have been until summer until I could have gotten on anything prescription) to open up my breathing. It worked incredibly well and was quite a boost, but within a few workouts it had me dry heaving immediately and feeling like my heart was about to explode. Not worth it. I decided to just put up with the breathing problems and I've never had the allergies since that season.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
megaman
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

were you taking 4 a day? I have been using it for about a month. I take 2 in the morn not the recommended 4. it is a trmendous boost but I dont know what the long term effects are.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it was that many. One or two a day seems closer, but this was 5 or 6 years ago and I only took them for about a week... Plus, not the same exact thing, so a direct comparison probably isn't meaningful.

Keep in mind that running at any level that tests for drugs will get you disqualified.

Obviously, not everyone has as severe a reaction to the ephidrine/ma huang combo as me, but I just don't trust it. Talking to other people, it seems to build a dependency to some degree, losing its effect over time and making you feel extra flat if you don't take it.

Dan
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eerie timing, considering my description above. The following link was just posted to the t-and-f list:

http://my.aol.com/news/news_story.psp?type=1&cat=0200&id=0109051718450322

Hopefully, they'll be leaving that story up.

Dan
megaman
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting article, I think I'll have hold back on the xenedrene. thanks for the info.
megaman
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, you were using this for allergies? I stopped using it and was sick with allergies and sinus infections for the next 5 weeks. Do you think there is any connectionn? I do suffer from allergies but generally no where near this severe.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt there is any connection, at least not a direct one. I tried the ephedrine purely to open up my bronchial tubes, which is effectively what prescription allergy medication would have done. If that's all the ephedrine did, I would have been happy with it...

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: