Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
XC spikes

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angelo Z wrote:
Dan, I was referring to track spikes because the plastic plate on mines has pretty much dulled out.

Why you're referring to your's is of no interest to me ... it's totally irrelevant to the question that was being asked.

Quote:
As long as XC spikes won't injure anyone, then it's fine in reality.

They're no more likely to than any light weight trainer or racing flat.

Quote:
Although theoretically, they're really not made for running with on the track.

I don't know what theory that would be, other than the fact they don't have "track" in the name... XC spikes are perfectly well suited for any surface, so try again. Razz:

Quote:
Besides, trainers do offer more cushioning wehter they're heavier or not.

Most people are looking for responsiveness, not cushioning, when it comes to track workouts.

Dan
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at it this way, the harder it is to respond, the more effort you put in which pretty much makes things equal. For example, why avoid running towards the wind on an interval? Yes, you run a little slower, but you put in more effort which would basically equal the effort as without the wind. I don't see much difference in my times by having an ounce of weight on me more. It starts to sound silly. Maybe I should start taking off my shirt next time it rains because the water soaked up by my shirt would add more weight. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes, running efficiently is different from avoiding extra effort... If it allows you to work smarter and adapt to the rigors of race day, then it can be a good thing training in lighter shoes.

Dan
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might give that a shot, except for when I do my long runs. I just don't see how my muscles can be so sensitive to just a few ounces/grams of extra weight on me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: