Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
A movie worth watching:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: A movie worth watching: Reply with quote

http://www.watch-movies-links.net/movies/marathon/

It has English subtitles and it's in good quality, it's not one of those movies that are defective. You click on the "Watch Full" link and that takes you to the website. The Veoh video player there only let's you see 5 minutes of the beginning of the movie, you need to download Veoh Player to see the whole version. The download is easy, no payments, don't need to give out a lot of info, and it's all safe.

As for the movie itself, it's one of those inspirational running movies except it's not your usual type about the background of a real elite runner like "Without Limits" (Prefontaine) or "Endurance" (Gebrselassie) is. At first it's funny how the autistic boy acts because he looks out into "space" when someone else is talking to him and at one point when he was at the grocery store with his mom (his mom takes care of him at 19), the food clerk told him to "sign here" and he wrote "sign" instead of his name on the line. The movie is based off of a true story because there really is an autistic boy who ran the 10K in 36 minutes and the marathon in 2:58. Due to his disability, running is the only thing that makes him feel different. It's definitely a good watch (even the movie's rating says so) and at the end, it might leave you melted in your seat...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention one more thing. Once the Veoh Player is installed, go to the start menu and open the Veoh Player from there. Then go back to the website with the movie and it should say in green that Veoh Player was installed.

I got a new laptop and I forgot how to get the movie working but I figured it out, so I thought that this would help out more.

It's an amazing movie, I've watched it every day of the week this week. The inspiration is huge.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only referring to watching it online. It is possible to use windows media player but only if you download the WHOLE movie via real player from the URL that you can watch it from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: