FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
Slight Problem with Squats

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Slight Problem with Squats Reply with quote

I do two types of squats, full and half. When I do my full squats, I get all the way down so that my gluteus maximus, or my hamstrings touch my calves, then go back up. The problem is that when I go down, something in my right kneww pops. I can feel it, and I can hear it too, and it gets somewhat painful/tingling throughout the set. It is like a tendon latches on to one of my bones then snaps off kind of like picking at strings of a guitar. I tried positioning my legs differently, wider or closer together, etc. stretches, but nothing works. I have had this issue for as long as I can remember by the way. It only happens when I go down all the way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an expert on weight lifting form, but I would say you're going way lower than necessary.

Dan
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I thought that was the problem from the very beginning, but I ignored it. My father asked me to do squats because he was a sprinter too during his days, and when I did them he told me to go down all the way and got used to that. My knee pops when I go down all the way even without weights. When I stretch my legs before doign squats I can do the first few without any knee problems, but through the set my knee starts to pop. I have also had some accidental casualties where I fell backwards while having the weights on my shoulders, but nothing more serious.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have came up with a decision to ignore the "strength work" part of Hicham's schedule, and to distribute my muscles groups over the week instead of working out every muscle in one day. And to workout any muscle once it doesn't ache. I might be able to steal some more strength that way. Also I don't take rest between muscle groups, except between sets only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: