Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Mid-Distance Depot
Im just starting...and tips?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Mid-Distance Depot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiaPia377
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Im just starting...and tips? Reply with quote

Hi. Im a freshman in college and I was thinking about picking up running to lose a little weight, get in shape, and manage stress. I used to run for my cross country team my freshman year in high school but after comming in last in alost every race, it discouraged me so much i never picked it up again.

So I was wondering, how should I go about starting?

Thanks,
Maria
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time of year, just get out and run as much as you can, as often as you can. Regularity is the key. Within the next month, if not sooner, the college team will be getting started. Even if you're not planning on competing, many coaches will be happy to let you run with the team.

Dan
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I reccomend running 30 minutes everyday at around 60% intensity to LOSE weight. If you are looking towards performance too It's a little bit too late to go pro. Also change your diet, and try doing the stmoach vaccum. You suck in air and you hold for 5 seconds and do 10 repetitions. This will tone your abs to have a flatter belly, but it will NOT get you washboard abs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Mid-Distance Depot All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: