FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
Henry Rono's Training - The Beginning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Henry Rono's Training - The Beginning Reply with quote

Many thanks to Henry Rono for sharing his training with us. Much of the initial postings in the first 30-40 days on Letsrun were lost. Since then with Henry's consent his messages are being saved here in case that happens again. This way Henry's messages can be saved and we can keep sharing together. In the case that Henry's messages remain in both places then all the better.

This thread is to post the beginning messages from the first 30-40 days that were saved.
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday June 07, 2007

Why don't you get on my site www.ronorun.com? Check out one of the pictures in my site. I can autograph a picture for you for $9.99 per picture or email me ronorun@netzero.net all I need is your address
Henry

Thursday

It seems like everybody are going wild and bizzare about my training comeback.I hope to be in good shape of under five minutes a mile in the category of 54 years old by January 2007.I told John this is the right time to comeback,after I finished my autobiography book.I was talking with Sarah and her husband John,laughing and exciting to be on letsrun.com and every one is going wild about running and age categories.
Henry

Saturday

I'm getting out of door now. I will be back later todays is my second-day of the second-week.The 9 day feels good,when I got up this morning.My body shows different appearances.It is a very good response signs, like I say I'm taking it one-day at the time.I will tell you when I see the consistancy of good appearances when I will be attempting a mile record.I was thinking to stop by the Albuqueque Academy track and just walk around it first.Just to fimiliaries my memories.Nothing major,I think I will do that today.See you
Henry

Saturday

I just came from 116 minutes,I was feeling great for the first 63 minutes.My hips and knees joints were in good lubrication movements. After that I felt as if I ran out of oil in the joints.I was coughing dry mucus in my mouth and chest congestion.After showers I feel great again and sleepy.I'm going to take a cat-nape, when I wake up, I will know what I'm going to do for the rest of the day.See you again on letsrun.com
Henry

To Van,
Thank you Van stay tune you will see me on this letsrun.com twice a day,perhaps three times writing something,about my running skills at the age of 54.
I lived close to sandia mountains here in Albuqueeque,NM.My hill training is called Copper hill.The
Hills I use to run it in 1986.
henry
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday

To former landlord,
"Steve Lurie must be paying Henry some decent bucks to show at his camp.Pick him up,bring him to the airport sit with him on the plane... Reverse."This is a qoute Steve Lurie do what he wants to do with his camp and his clients.

I just wanted to clear the air with the people,who don't want to see me breath air with my fellow runners and enjoy my running legacy.I'm alive that is the most import in life right!I have people tend to compare me with other legands.I'm my own man now days and I do want I want to do you don't lecture me.About money and who pays me what?
Henry

Sunday

Former Landlord,
I'm still kicking,this morning I ran the same way and turned around climbe the copper hill twice,the toral minutes on the ten day is 127 minutes.I was motivated,I felt like someone is trying to pull me back,but it turns out in was motivational.On letsrun.com people don't want to comment things directly to the person they want,so they hide like little kids.Someone was making comments about my clinics with Steve Lurie in August 13-15.I qoute him in what he was trying to suggest,I have alot of crazy people,who would like me to be in the cage, when someone needs me,he would charge him all kinds of money.Or sit in the cage until earth and heaven comes.Is anyone wants to comment on that? About this person,who is interested about my money with Steve Lurie with his training camp.Those who are jealous of training camp managers, please set up yours and pay me all you want because you know my scale pay.Otherwise stop being distructive and frustrating my life.He says Frank Shorter and Bill Rogers don't get out of their doors until they see on their hands $5,000 or$7,000.I broke two world records with $5.00 lunch money in each of them.Seattle,Washington and Berkely California in 1978.What are you talking about.I'm very happy to meet my fellow runners and it is my passion to do that,please don't put me in the cage until you see heaven and earth meet.
Henry

Sunday

To 70's old-timer,
I'm glad someone is watching possitive stuff that we do in sports.Ha! I needed that cheering on.I think my normal weight at this age is about 170-172lbs. I know once I get there the world turns right!I used 142-148lbs 28 years ago.

Henry

Sunday

i just finished my evening second run for 57 minutes, I had a nice nape today after sauna and steam room.My ten day of training comes in twos.I will sleep so soundly to night.
Henry
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday - June 12, 2006 3:33 a.m.

Like I said last night ,I will sleep soundly,it was true I did. I woke up this morning alot earlier.They say,when the body is in good intensive condition of training with the right meals and good psychological mind,you sleep soundly and your body recovers very quick.You get up very strong in the morning and you are ready to do again.The cheering on really help me to stay focus.We all need that. People think that if you are champion like i have been, I don't need the cheering on.Those people are wrong because we are all human beings and we need to be in that mode of conditon in order to make another step in life right!Right communication matters.
Henry

To Northwest Run,
Peter Koech works here in Albuquerque,New Mexico.The last time I was with him was summer of 2002.When athletes are in Albuquerque they don't meet very often unless they have special meeting,so we can't tell,who is doing what in the area.The days we used to do things together and know each other are far gone.So we run into each other, once in a while.
I park my car at Defined-Fitness and ran up north Trammway for 119 minutes this morning.I check my weight is 206lbs.This is after sauna 15 minutes with 200 sit ups and steam room for 10 minutes.My body feels like I'm in intensive care unit.I wonder what I had two weeks ago?Do you like that?I guest No.I want to be 172lbs.I feel much better today with yestarday sauna and twice run.When the time comes today, I will know what to do today evening,I hope I will go for second run today.

Northwest Run,
I forgot one thing Peter Koech never ran 13:06 5k.For your note Peter ran 13:09 with me in Sweden 1982.He was behind me,when I hit 13:08 that day he was behind me.Ha! he did breake my world record of steeplechase from 8:05.4 to 8:05.35 in 1989 Sweden.I just wanted you to be aware of that.

Odie,
I'm glad you understand the running motivation,you are right that I didn't surrender in life.I was on that battle of alcoholism.I'm glad I can recall a little bite of you,but once I send my memories back, I can tell who you are because you are nice guy for me you taught me how t sell shoes on Bill Rogers store I sold one shoe that day.And you know I was acting defensive, why because I have been hurt with the managers on top of two stollen olympics from me.The alcohol became my best friend. I noticed that day you are a nice guy.I walk a long side with you until I met your family.Do I remember I was alcohol person? No.All I know and feel is that I was walking on a clouds in someplace ,somewhere until today trying to map out the locations,but most of them are in my new book.
Keep up a good work and stay in touch we need good support running community,that will keep us in tune, our wheels will move forward in life.
Henry

To J.R
Distances starting with ten days ago also hill,no track intervals yet until I bring down some lbs sit on me.
I live by Tramway and copper closer to the copper hill.Run to the hill comeback to bed, get up run to the hill comeback to bed, until you reduce your weight. you get in shape.You run, you win
Henry

Matt,
I trade in with another addiction of school work. I had to find the challenging subject for me,which is English.The toughtest study in learning in college was English.I took a brave face when I came to New Mexico.And I say I want to major in literature in graduate school.I was able to write my book.I believe it is a good addiction and another good addiction is physiological-fitness. I'm busy and it makes me not to think about a bottle of budweist, I believe it was my favourite drink.With my three personalities in life one becomes busy on them.I don't remember anymore,perhaps you have sen me now I'm all the time on the internet.If you are in the other side, please ask another question.I hope I made sense to you or please edited.
henry

70's old-timer,
Perhaps Some were reading in the Library? I don't know I was doing my thing at the cougar cottage never bothered.I know my normal route in the field of training through my apartment on my way to class was cougar cottage which is very noticeable.My famous building,one can not miss to stop by and drink one beer.I believe every other Kenyan runners knew the study places with their warmbooks habit close to their bellies.Sitting and reading in the library these days is not an option for me.I can't kill two birds with one stone.My job is to yang around loose all day and wait for the sundown and sunup in the next day is here. I go to the snake river and run all day.Comeback follow the same route until the school is closed.My life is very simple unlike many other Kenyans,who are worried and trying to kill two things in one single mind.
This is who I'am
Henry

To class of 2005 athlete
In 1970s I was running three time each day.Cut one day into three pieces. Give each piece not less than 6 miles what do you get? It amounts to be about the same guy, who runs 18 miles or 20 mile in one day. That comes to what in one week?It is the same thing I do now days running for hours twice a day in a crawling pace.
Henry
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuesday

To Snatch,
I just wanted to write that note on my running log about 50-54 year-old world record (4:27 minute for a mile)first before I answer any other questions.I'm getting ready to get out for my 12 day of training.I have to be out running by 5 am and now is 4 am getting ready.I'm here on front of my computer drinking orange juice.To answer the above question,drinking alcohol was wrong thing and also my eating habit was the worste thing eating chees burgers and french fries after long day drinking that wasn't very smart.If I was not abusing my body,let us say like the way I'm doing now,Do you think these runners could have come closer to my world records up to these days?I don't think so? I'm getting late,I need to get out see you.I just wanted to answer part of the quest.
henry

To fred,
I had hard time turn on my computer.I just come in and today run:135 minutes,after I weigh 204,after sauna 15 minutes twice 250 sit ups weigh 202.I felt great today,I believe the indian corns, beats and one gallon of water one gallon of oranges all day yesterday became the fluel for this body today.
henry

To I know some of your pains!
I have five questions to answer:
1)When was your last drink?
2)Could you give us an ancdote/story of drinking too much?
3)But still being able to run great?
4)What wer the reasons that you think you drank alot?
5)Did you drink alot even during those times of success?
These are very good questions;It is along assigment which it takes graduate student to write up on their doctoral degree program.They have to be sensitive when answering these personal questions.The ethics,the audiences on the other side of the idle.They worry about their jobs,when people expose their personal lives.This is an internet talk show,go to a radio talk show or TVI talk show,where you will be able to show, who you are and the speaker will know you.I will give you my point of view.That way you are not violeting his job in ethical rules of society.Why you don't show your real name?Answer me that?

To I know some of your pain,
You hit the nail on the head. I appreciate your courage.Take it one day at the time.I can answer one question for you.The last time I drank was the year December 2002.I can answer another one later you know alcohol fears,if you know the rules of AA.In American Continent from east cost to west cost to where I'm in New Mexico,I have been into more than 17 rehabilitation centers,since 1986.This is not to pursuide you to buy my book.It is what I can affort to answer as the AA says.You are right the past is the past lets move forward.Now ask me what I'm going to do in future.
Henry

I'm planning to keep coaching professional athletes.I have training camp here called ISI you can check my website www.ronorun.com and another training camp in Kiptaragon village where I was born in Kenya.I'm also waiting for my publishing company in Indiana,Indianapolis to let me know the things they need from me to complete the book and when is the book will be out.I have a list of training camp clinics line up starting next month for the rest of this year.
Henry

This place is ever changing if you left here 11 years ago,Oh the albuquerque city has changed alot.If you try to come here now,you probably need someone to take you around because you will get lost it is becoming a New York city too many traffics.I decided to live right by the edge of the copper hill. I can't keep starting my car and running takes a while for my knees to heat up.All I have to do is just get up walk and run up to the mountains and disappear into the hills.I feel good today,I think by dropping few lbs in the last two days makes different in the world.The 12 day with 202lbs.I think too much weight is a problem to me. The lesser weigh I have, the mind and the body becomes stronger.
Henry
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday

Those who refuses to believe, I'm on letsrun.com running chat room,
check with me. My email ronorun@netzero.net I talk with alot of people, since I made announcement of my comeback mile record for the age of 55.About two weeks now.
henry

To JBA
Thanks jba,I can relate to you,no fast pace track now,I just jog for 136 minutes this morning and the weigh drops too fast,I fely dizzy I stop the running clock and walk for a while,this is after 26 minutes run.I met alot of people on Trammway Bike Path, I told them I'm walking today and after the dizzyness is gone I start running until I finished 136 minutes.I came back check my weigh it was 202lbs.I didn't feel like going to sauna,but I did after sauna,200lbs.My training now in the morning is slower than 75 year old lady.I'm basically crawling my feet on the floor.I knew something is happenning because I started breaking my sweats very early before I reach my time of breaking the sweats.My ice was melting, so to speak, before it reaches the right temperature in the body why is that?
Henry

To CDN master,
Yes! I do have memories of Edmonton Commonwealth-games in 1978.Infact one of my picture which I put on my website page 5 you can see if you want on my website www.ronorun.com was taken when I was running steeplechase on my best skillful style going over the water jump other than that, I always have a wild jump when running steeplechase.I used that picture to autograph for people who needs my signature as a remainder and that it was the only major games for me with two Gold medals.As you know I never made it to Olympics.So Edmonton stays in my memories all the time.The next city to run a major road race in my master comeback will be Edmonton.
Henry

To J R
I want to know what is loaded with enzymes and minrals.
I will be back I get to go to p.o. to mail-out autographs. Kennedy I will be back with you too check your email I ask you a question
see you guys,I feel I have recovered for this morning run
henry
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday, June 15, 2006

To Just Fueled/JR
By the way I got up feeling great this morning.I had hard time sleeping last night,the body was hot,turning around until I put air-cooling condition, then I say just for a few minutes because I don't want to have high PNM bills this month.I didn't get up, I slept through it got up feeling good.Only to find out the back door was open all-night and all-house is very cold.I look around the rooms no one came in anyway that was a good part.
"What is wrong with us?" asks my roommate.
"Did you hear me snooring last night?"
I ask my roommate.
No!said my roommate.
I think I'm going to approach it very careful today,perhaps lower-down minutes and don't even think about sauna thing.That is my plan for now.The rough day of yestarday and all-night;however, I didn't feel the last part of the night,I don't want to go through that again,please edited to make sense of these training conditions.
Henry

To Just Fueled
To go back and answer your question of Olympics title,ha you right world record holder is great,but the thing here my sarounding expecially the kids sees me as Olympian and even the school principles introduces me as Gold medalist.
"Which olympics did you go?"asks the principal
It makes me uncomfortable talking about,no I didn't run olympics because of these and these,but I won two gold-medals in commonwealth-games in 1978,
What is that? asks one of the teacher,is that a British games with Kenya,Oh I thought you ran olympics,you look olympic runner.This not only the kids also big people.it goes back what I told you earlier that world records it means alot of things.It can't be only running.I'm the only knows who I' am.Then I look like I'm hidding something,because I don't want to talk about olympics.Couldn't you explain why I didn't run Olympics to people they don't understand.Even EL-Gurrouji sitting with me here in Feb.18,2005,he was also asking me questions as these kids basically.And looking up to me as his hero.but he wants to know,about this and that at the same time wants to break world records in 5k.I hope I talk enough about the status of titles.
Henry

To Just me,
Why don't you use my Post office address because my computer laterly is going too slow and I can't even open other files.
Henry Rono
International Sports Institute
P.O.Box 51151,Albuquerque,NM 87181
What do you think of that? ain't too shaavy to do it that way.
Henry

To JR
That is very scientific,how did you learn that method of body recovery?I did that when I was in Germany in 1979 December to run Cross-country.They invited me and I had sore muscles very stiff I couldn't move and the race is next day.This German guy told we want you to run,please do this.And I did exactly what you say now.You know me I don't want to lose a race those years.I see people sit in the hot pool for all-day then they wonder why they are tired.no energy,I ended up following their fitness sitting in the hot pool straining and defflenting muscle strength that is wierd.I get to train a lot smarter now.
Thank for your advice.
Henry

To malmo,
Do you know why?And if you do, can you explain?And if you explain.What do you see in people faces? I learned one time when I explained people,they started feeling sorry for me.Another one say "Olympics sack,I feel sorry for you" every now and then explain all these and on and on.on.on...it seems like it never stop,"You should run for US." says one the people.

El-Gourroji's coach seems to have the impression of quests
You lost your opportunity for a punch of these and that!That is crazy!At the end of conversation,I was escort to my car."Is this your car?That is nice little green Toyota."we will call you let us take pictures and we are going to email you these pictures, see you thanks. I never saw them again.

You know what I do tell kids now days,I tell them,I have four Gold medals two in 1976 Montreal Canada,and two in 1980 Moscow.It ends the entire conversation,and they like it that way.They want me to have these medals.So they get them.
Henry

To malmo,
comeback with new ways of explaining the status of olympics and world records if you know.I don't know.All I know is running very fast and never get gold medals in Olympics the one I was running for.I get to go to post office,and I will be back.
Henry

Skuji,
I didn't get to focus on 1500m right.Do you remember the ncaa indoor 1977 one mile between steve scott,wilson waigwa,and me.If I had continue after I beat scott that day and scott knows this well,I could have held 1500/mile too.Wilson waigwa won it I came second.My coach told I want half a point which is .5 right and to do that I have to beat steve scott right we looked up the scoring board and was only a half a ponit for WSU to beat El-Peso.
My coach pull me a side and gave me a stretagy,how to beat Steve.He say just place second that is it and we have it.
It went that way ask him.So the point if I could continue with mile run I could have held world record on that too. My coach announced that in WSU news that I can break world record from mile through marathon,you can find that paper in WSU 1977.
Henry.

To Skuji,
I didn't finished answering your question,I'm sorry. 1,500m 3:28 min,1 mile 3:45min,and you know the rest.The stretagiest to beat Steve Scott was a very smart plan,Caoch told me don't show up in front sit behind steve up to some laps I can't remember how man laps was,after that take off and you will come second,I know you can't get Waigwa because he is some where in the race and in the surprise everybody and win it.I was going to get before Steve Ovett,and Coe
Henry

To Gerry,
I think you are the one email me.What do you think of my website?I need to make alot of changes that could change the world right?

I feel good about myself talking about running feelings.It is the most important thing to know.I think so, unless I'm crazy.
Henry

To just me.
Gerry Lingren went to WSU 1960, he broke the 5k world record in 1965,then he disppeared someplace in Hawaii,he even changed his name because he couldn't cope with public pressure. My coach from WSU would tell you that,now he is appearing in letsrun.com. This is him!
Who else?
Henry

To malmo,
You hit the nail again right on the nose.You are right,I ran two miles in 8:24.After 50 minutes like I told you earlier Coach pull me a side for the mile race.Pump!! and we won for the first time in history WSU to win NCAA indoor Championships."For just half a point you will do it my kid." said the coach.
Henry

Malmo,
Listen malmo don't get into this complicated names.Do I know what was in my feet.They stick something that feels comfortable.It was much better than running on my feet for sure.I remember 1972 winning races in my district,where I had to stop first removed the needle in the bottom of my feet.I have this on my feet now and you want to know what is it,is this this!give me a break
Henry

Malmo,
What I'm saying is that I was running with no shoes in Kenya in the years of 1972.The names of the shoes I didn't know until 1982.All these time in WSU I had no idea about names.When I broke my first world records it was a shoe that had four needle in the bottom of the shoes.That was it.I knew I could slip when I 'm running.It creeps the ground very well.What else do you need?
Henry

Malmo,
What side of the continent are you at?You seem you are one hour behind me.Sometimse I think you two hours a head of me.This is based on your emails time you send.I can't tell what are you doing?With me I want to stimuli runners globally.Do you want to rally with me? remember you have to be in good shape.A beer belly couldn't make it.You know that.
Henry

To Old school dogs,
When I magine the way I used to train was so brilliants as I could imagine the records falling down so easy nothing could get on my way.Any condition of weather couldn't get on my way.Unlike today boy's training,they seem as they are out of in touch with reality.Make it simple,used women philosophy.I coach female. Female seem they get the point of running steps and feelings.That is why women live longer in the world.They listen their engine before they drive off the parking lot right! You get the point?They look themselves in the mirro first before getting out of the door. These little details matters in our body okay!About running and you know is measured by minutes and seconds and feelings afterwords.Do you take acount for all of these or you just ignore,and when the doctor ask you questions about your feelings you can't explain your feelings? I took a road test of my self as one can take his own car to listen to the engine.I know how much I have to do and wait for how long before I start swimming with the rest of the fishes.I have to repair most part of my body.I'm 54 on top of wierd living basically driving my body in a bad road so to speak.I get to make alot of repairing it is now on the workshop.
Henry
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday, June 16

To Malmo,
Listen malmo are you trying to scare me! You know yestarday the 14 day of my training was my day off.I got up like I said that the door was open from there I listen to my body negotiet with it all-day and sitting in front of computer chat with you going to post office and so forth.Drinking tea with therflu because I'm coughing as a quack duck until I say I will end my two weeks of training with 13 days of running minutes.

Guest what when I got up at 2:45am I was ready to run;however,part of my training at night we do massage theraphy.My specialist massager is an Olympinian medalist.
I hired him at the begining of this month June 1,2006. I have to have massages twice a week one on weekend and another in the middle of the week.So I miss on wednesday I had to do it today.You know in the last 14days has been very rough me.Quiz for you guys:(1)Who is my new massues theraphist?(2)What Olympics did he ran and in what year?(3)What medal did he won in that race?(4)What is the origin of his country? This is a contest.I need answers before mid-night. I will let you know what I will do for you if you answer them correctly.Henry

To Malmo
By the way after hard deep massages on my legs he say your legs are not bad,
"what did you say?" I ask,I want to make sure I heard it right,he was right.From 3:45 am up to 5:30 am I was ready to train.This morning wasn't like last two weeks ago I'm in another phase of training let me try.I went the same route after 45 minutes I throw up(fomited) some mucuses chocking my throat Oh! some green staff plus white was chocking. I try to use my finger to push them out and finally came out bad cold no wonder I have been coughing like a duck.It was like attack of ashma.After 3 minutes of stop I continue when I reached 92 minutes another attack,I did the same thing and finally I was realieved.I train for 132 minutes today. Before sauna I weigh 203lbs after sauna 200.9 lbs close to 201lbs.I feel very good now,I think the bad colds and dry air in New mexico makes it harder to breath.Hints for my massaues theraphist.I don't think I should give it to you guys,you need to think a little harder.Okay which part of hints you want?Okay in 1988

Friday

My autobiography is done and that will be my first book.It is in the publishing company.They are missing some pictures from Kenya.Stack in Daily Nation newspaper in Nairobi.Should be ready by the end of this year.You can ask Vid Baldavs Authour House in Indiana,Indianapolis.The "Olympic Dream" that is the title.
I email Vid yestarday and he has not respond to me,I want to find out some things, the process of the book.I hope I answer your question.
Henry

To Oldschooler
By the way did you get your mail from me?I'm talking to oldschooler in california.
You guys are getting close to win my contest,yes he is a Kenyan.Because I'm poor and no nmoney to threw away I will answer it for you. 10,000m bronze medalist Kipkemboi Kimeli in 1988
Malmo, I was going to autography a picture on page 4 on my website for you for $10 if you could have won it.Or sale one for you.
Henry

Johnny,
What I'm trying now is to get in shape for going up to laluz trail and perhaps to sandia peak 10,000ft very high up there and you have to train those lungs to be shape for the height that is my plan.I used to go there with IBrahim Hussein in 1986-98.

Johnny what is the med for bad colds.someone like me,who has been having a wild cough.I think the reason I was having dizzyness the other day was these green stuff blocking the air to my brains from the lungs right.I have to know because this is something new to me.I never experience months of colds sitting in your system like this.Colds used to stay with me for two weeks. I remember that when I was in WSU.Matthew can tell you I couldn't hoold conversation with him on the phone,he could hear me coughing with queer voices coming from both ends of me.By the way I feel much better now.
Henry

To Skuj,
Tell you what? The word re-bounding means that you have sense something is coming right?I'm sensing good things are coming for the North Americans to joint the rest of other runners in the world.The North American kids have to cry for it and they have to have a stomatch for it, which I see nowdays is coming to them.

In the 1960s they had it,but they had but no room for it.They lost the sense of running and replaced with nothing.I don't know if I'm making any sesnse to you.
Or Am i answering your question I don't know.

To do this is the same way you did on soccer team. You didn't have these kinds of soccer programs in America.You look 20 years back you had nothing in soccer fields in the country.How did you do that?

To Skuj,
Thank You, Skuj-I wanted you to give me an opening statement like that,"I wonder if one big mental block for North American is that many believes we cannot compete with African because They are gentically superior at running".....
That statement alone is what has been blocking you North American continent to lack behind because of bad attitude towards developing and keeping up with progress in sports,who is leading in running sports first since the beginning?When did Africans coming in and took the lead? This is the questions the leaders of sports needs to question themselves and answer them.I like this question because enlightment is the key to progress.So don't be scared to give me questions. In the same token, I shouldn't be scared to do my best to answere them.We both weigh them to know where North America went wrong.Along the way you were taken by surprise;however,What was the origin of the sports philosophy?Where running began?What was the point for running?
Henry

Friday

I was coaching Kipkemboi kimeli that year in 1985. The training camp was in Nyeri. I told him,You have a foot that runs like a wheel because it rotates.So he tells people now days that when Henry Rono tells you-you will win and you will win.

Most of my coaching approach is basically from psychological approach by observing athlete's physical movements and his mental approach.I have seen that in many athletes that I coach now days around the globe. They wonder what did I changed on that athletes'mind? Kimeli knows these stretagies very well.He is coaching me nowdays because I need my pay back from his successful medal winning in 1988.He is also a very good massues therapist.

He has the sense of intuition once he touches your muscles,he can tell what you are going to do in a race.He help Ambarak Hussein to win Korea marathon.We are in good program over here in New Mexico.I pay close attention to him in order to improve my fitness the same way,he was paying attention to me in 1985 and 1988.
Henry

Friday

To Skuj
I want you to feel comfortable at all-time for more discussion because we all need progress in life.My spirit is high as you can tell,which means I'm on the right track and most people don't like it.

Please don't be distructed by an asholes,who are always like to live on distructive behaviors.We all need exploration in life.So we have to extend for the question you asked at above.Thank you and Good night

Henry
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday, June 17

To Johnny dajogger/Skuj
Listen 199.9lbs today and guest what?
I had a long talk with my coach last night.
Today contest:
1)How did Henry Rono prepare for four world records?
2)What was the main important point for Henry Rono?
3)What made Henry Rono to stay focus until he finished four records?
4)What do you think could have prevent Henry Rono for not breaking his four world records?
5)What made Henry Rono lost interest from running in 1980s
Hurry guys
I will talk later about today running strategy and how I broke the barrie of 200lbs.
Henry

To Skuj
This morning was a little earlier then I normally get up in the morning 3:33 am I'm out of the door on the copper street make left one block west then make right. I was on Trammway heading north breathing slidly soft and hard and my legs were not too shiffy as could a 75 yr old-lady could challenge me as of two days ago.This time around bring a younger person to challenge me.I was in good spirit today and I ran 155 minutes.

No coughing like a quack duck.My breathing and my steps were in good rhythem, the sky was blue and one star far up north.My arms were matching with its frequences as one is listening to the music.This is how it came about taking my mind back to my history of running.which I almost lost it,when a bad cold harden my chest.I'm now free now and my work of running is back to me once again.

I thought I was aloner I have many friends across USA behind my comeback in the two weeks I have been supported and my light is up.It is not hard when one has a fomula to do this and the cheering support across the internet.I have been bless with these many people that gives courage to some people like me who have talent and shouldn't be coward to practices sport.

The detail of today running was combination of long run and the hill repeats that made to 155 minutes by the time I reach saunas swimming pool steam room and whirlpool Oh!I feel like the world has changed in the last 15 day of running. I feel like some one, who is coming out of rehabilation center and he is entering to his community for the first time with the new skills of survivals.
Please edit to make sense to you

Henry

To Quack Duck
2 hours 35 minutes
1 hour=60 minutes
1 hour=60 minutes
+35 minutes =155 minutes

This is a new plans for the masters division ways of running. Unlike 28 years ago,when feeling didn't matter in running to me.

I mention earlier that I'm running in minutes not in miles.
In the same token goes along with feelings.
I began running from zero minute to 155 minutes today.I hope I did not made it more complicated for you.Is it clear now?
Henry

To quack duck
Today was my best training as you can see my writing is get better too.Also the weather is compromising with my health.I could breath much better which it makes my legs move with the rhythem of my breathing.

I think drinking some tea all-night makes me get ready for this morning.
Henry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Rono

To Punky Brewster's Training Bra

These articles are really well written and accurate.I wish they could have put more of the articles that has been written about me for people to understand me better.

Henry

Johnnydajogger

To answe your question is that run as you feel.Combine your training with hills as you feel and know how many minutes you have run.

Henry

T Sarah,
To stay focus is the key to our running. having been one of you in the running world. I ask you to help by holding one common interest in the life of athletes.One is surprise to see how sports organization is all about to forget(FourWorld Record Holder in 80days)

No wonder people like me has been forgotten say one of audience in the isle.He says the person how set the fire in track&field around the world is forgotten? My coach to to day is in high spirit to see me getting well and our lives in running will come true.

I want to thank you for keeping in touch with me it adds the spirit of my running and also to know you are having the same common interest in our sports.I can keep going,but I will stop from there my coaching(Kimeli kipkemboi) is also passing his greetings to you.
Henry

To Jzs
Hi! special invitation from Ireland after they saw my annoucement in preparation of going after world record in master divition.

Ladies and gentlement listen before I do my quiz.Do you know what time I got up and ran this morning guest what I was pump and my streng was boosted after a very good conversation with Sarah and John last night and my coach
I ran for 180:30 minutes.For that I lost only 1lb.
Now you know who is my coach(Kimeli Kipkemboi)
Contest:
Who will be sponsoring my training? The winner is $10 which is between two options autograph or $10
I will give you until mid-night
Good luck ladies and gentlemen
johnlvs2run
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday, June 19

To Brian
Thank you, Brian
I lost my log,I think left my log book with lawyer in New Jersey. After the bank rest my lawyer had to hold on with my log book to used that as evident to prove the bank people where I have been. This is a runner and the log training book is here.I won the case.Thank you brian it is very nice of you to come in and I appreciate that have nice day. How is your job with the doctor.I ahve knee injuries that has been going for 13 years.but I can still put in 15 mile but when go beyond 21 miles that is the time it starts itching.By the way I ran 140 minutes today with the hills you tell them.
Now I will go a head with SKUJ question.
Henry

Bay stater,
Thnak you Bay Stater,
MA= Boston area ,I don't even know,any how are you doing?with me here I'm starting to do even much better than two week agao. Today is my 17 day of training and I can feel that to day I can train twice a day or even three times but I have to have very sentive breaks to my horse so to speak.I ran 140 minutes comebine with hills in others words I ran 110 minutes+30minutes hills repeats.I'm sitting here in front of computer on letsrun.com and eating fish they say with bad cold fish helps when you swallow straight down the throat and dring fresh oranges.
people here are shock with my progress of my training.They don't know how to talk with me anymore.Because I'm a different person.The only person I talk with is my coach the rest are scared of something
Henry

To Bay staster
Back problem is due to weigh in you.specially from shoudlers up to hips and you need to combine with massues twice a week.I see alot of changes on me nowdays.As I say earlier people are confuse in my progress.Before I start this program.The doctor was about to assigned me with wheel chair.I was walking like a grandma and my health was dyteriating even walking I could even kick a rock and fall down.My back was giving me trouble from shoulders down to the feet even to put on shocks was a problem and no more now.With me, I was glad that I'm not working in the summer and my job is my body to work on.Take it back to suppose to be my normal weigh which 172lbs.I didn't see how I put the weigh on me to 215lbs now is 199lbs and the world is different.Problem is the weigh pressing you down.That is why I couldn't lift my knees up.To day I can.I hope I answer your question,perhaps you can comeback.this is the people I need to talk with. thank you.
Henry

To TViewer,
Thread should tell from the day I started.I think I began from 108,120,120,118,113,71,80,116/64,119,in here was the day I check my weigh 206lbs,135,136,dayoff,132,155,180,and today 140,my weigh is stable at 200lbs and I feel like I want to run another today.The weigh now is heading down-hill.and I'm rising up with my feet coming up easy.I'm not dragging my feet on the ground any more.So your question was do you average 2hrs and feelings.
How do you think I should abnswer this question.Sometimes you have to pint point a spot to start driving your feels and driving your weigh down hill.Study my data and come up with another question please.
Henry

Tviewer,
day 8 i ran 87min
hr and there is another missing somewhere to make 17 days of training
hr

To turtle souped up "Henry, many feel that you arrived suddenly like a bolt of lightening. Please describe how you began running, and what your teenage years were like traingwise and racewise."

Henry Rono answer:

I shock my self too and my roommate is scared to dead.

To talk about my up-bring to the ponit where I hit 80days four records it is in the book.I will attach two of my essay writings that will give you a summary.But I think most of you give coming back why here and why this and so forth....

I saw the light at end of a tunnel and I want to stay in the light.People here wants to see what I'm seeing.Is that sound very wierd.

Henry

Ladies and gentlement
I just want to clarify one thing here.It is my bad to make anouncement about,who is my coach and massues therapist becuse kimeli kipkemboi is an helper. I don't have any money to hire a coach and massues therapist.I just want to be sure because sarah and John were wondering about that.
I just got an email.Also on top that someone was posted on the massage board when I made anouncement last week.(What about me ??????)I have to declaration of my training it is like going to CNMCC and your counselor tell singed a form of declaring a major so that you have objective in this college.While I was coming from sauna I was thinking to write official letter to My coach letter of offer for coaching and massues therapist.Now I have think,and stop talking about my progress of weigh lost and massues therapuetic benefits from Kimeli.
henry

To JR,
I'm glad you like my answer because sometimes I get into these philosocal details that might sound strength to many people.I don't want to scare my audience.keep up with me you are my motivators to my comeback, by the way I saw something like 195lbs on the scale after sauna.This is what I carry now with me. No wonder I'm getting lighter. I can tire my shoes lese very fast. I can bend down easy. I can see no sticking out stomatch.
Thank you

Slaps wrote "Please stay free to post whatever you feel is in your head because you are to all in the sport a true genious, like an Albert Einstein or Mozart. We all feel privileged for being able to have this."

The above person is not wrong:
I want every one to know this is what I have been waiting for a long time to express my feelings about running and how I accounter with people right!Why talk about me here and there and you don't even know me well.I mean the was news papers treat my point of view.And qoute me wrong then people see me that way.How many athletes have gone to grave without saying one word about their lives? I don't want to happen with me.

The person who did introduction of my book is from Germany and I should attach the essay of four pages here.Could I do that? I like the way he introduce my book. His Name is Thorsten Nauman
Henry

To runamook,
Thank you for your comment.I really appreciate what you mention about my development to future.
Good night and God bless you
Henry

T slaps,
You say,you saw Rono...... in all newspaper around the world,but it was someone running around the track. right now you are hearing the progress of my feelings and the weigh, when I'm training.
Henry
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a recent article on where Rono's at in his training and daily affairs:

link

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: