Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
The difference between great days and bad days

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dax
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: The difference between great days and bad days Reply with quote

I don't know what it is but my body seems to be going from fit to coach potato in no time. I've picked up running again recently, after a hiatus of several years. I quickly started to get back in shape. I had a great run the other day, at least for me. I did some recovery running the other days but I see my fitness level decline in no time! Just in a few days I went from an easy 8 mile to a murdering 1 mile! Has anyone any experience with this and does anyone know how to deal with it?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two possibilities come to mind:

1) You haven't really built up to the 8 mile level yet, having taken so long off. Yeah, you can do it and occasionally feel good, but the next few workouts are garbage as you attempt to bounce back.

2) Something in your preparation/rest/nutrition is less than ideal, causing major swings in your energy levels.

Dan
Dax
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dan. Well, that's what I was thinking initially though I never had such enormous swings in energy level or stamina back in the good old days. That's why I was asking.

I mean, running 8 miles and stopping though you feel like you can run forever or being completely exhausted after 1 mile.

Do you have any advice to deal with this rapidly so I can go back to some serious running again?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The subtle hint of my first reply was to provide more info... Without that, I can't add to my initial guesses, as there's nothing to go on.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: